Error reporting not reporting error

bigonroad

Yes, the title of this post is a palindrome, as a metaphor for the backwards and forwards nature of my problem here.

My computer has BSODed every few weeks. And when it restarts, I get told "Problem connecting to the Windows Error Reporting service. Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting service. Please try again later."

Even when I turn off my firewall, it still can't connect.

Any ideas? Driving me a little bit crazy - hence making the below (pointless) image. If you give me a solution that works, I'll even put it on my blog at allaboutchris.co.uk.

Thanks!
Chris

zigzag3143

Honorable Member
Microsoft MVP
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Ken

bigonroad

Its less the BSOD and more the fact that the Error Reporting Tool isn't working. How do I fix that?

Is the error reporting service running?

Control Panel -> Administrative -> Services -> error reporting service - should be running and have its startup type set "Automatic"

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.