Error reporting not reporting error

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by bigonroad, Sep 24, 2010.

1. bigonroad

bigonroad Well-Known Member

Yes, the title of this post is a palindrome, as a metaphor for the backwards and forwards nature of my problem here.

My computer has BSODed every few weeks. And when it restarts, I get told "Problem connecting to the Windows Error Reporting service. Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting service. Please try again later."

Even when I turn off my firewall, it still can't connect.

Any ideas? Driving me a little bit crazy - hence making the below (pointless) image. If you give me a solution that works, I'll even put it on my blog at allaboutchris.co.uk.

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Chris

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy.
    * Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
    * Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Ken

3. bigonroad

bigonroad Well-Known Member

Its less the BSOD and more the fact that the Error Reporting Tool isn't working. How do I fix that?

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Is the error reporting service running?

Control Panel -> Administrative -> Services -> error reporting service - should be running and have its startup type set "Automatic"