Windows 7 Error When Trying To Connect Printer

roselace

Ever since I've reformatted my laptop, it's not able to detect or connect my printer. And I really need to use my printer now.

These are the errors I get:

printererror2.png

printererror2.png

I went to the HP site to download the latest driver for my printer model, but on this page it says:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

"The drivers for your HP product are already included in the new Windows 7 operating system! You do not need to download drivers to use the product . Simply connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable, and Windows Update automatically installs the driver for your product."

The thing is Windows Update doesn't automatically install the driver for me. :confused:

I've already tried using diagnostic tool and it didn't help.

Since the install talks about having to go online to get a driver, make sure your internet connection is working and not blocked by an anti-virus type program. I suppose an anti-virus could also effect the actual install.

Try changing ports for the USB.

Do your USB ports work normally for other devices? Any yellow symbols next to them in Device Manager?

When you load a driver, if you go to the page where the different possible drivers are listed, make sure you click on an Update Windows button if there is one.

This Link Removed - Invalid URL is for a failed driver install. Maybe it will help if you haven't tried it already.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom