error

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by Praneel, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Praneel

Praneel New Member

I brought a new laptop g50-70 and I'm not able to open it. even after following the instructions like pressing the nova button and I changed the hotkeys from enable to disable....even though I'm not able to open it kindly please help me out

2. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

What is a g50-70 and what do you mean by "open" - do you mean physically open it as in open the lid?

3. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP

What is a g50-70 and what do you mean by "open" - do you mean physically open it as in open the lid?

4. Praneel

Praneel New Member

Its a lenovo laptop g50-70. I bought a new one and now I'm not able to open it. When I try to open it I get free-dos message over the screen

5. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP

It sounds like you have been supplied with a laptop which is not supplied with the normal copy of MS Windows. This normally only done by request when the purchaser does not intend using Windows or has a retail copy of their own to install. If you expected the pc to be supplied with an operating system other than free-dos (eg,Windows) you should take the matter up with the supplier of your Lenovo.

6. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Or it is set to boot from either USB or Optical Drive and you have boot media in one or the other