Ethernet Controller

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by SnipeTheAK, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SnipeTheAK

SnipeTheAK New Member

I've recently upgraded my desktop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. The Ethernet controller seems to be missing a driver. I already downloaded Everest Home Edition.

I went to the network tab and PCI / PnP network. All it says is Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller [NoDB] and Ethernet Controller [NoDB]

In device manager, there's a tab for other devices and there is a yellow exclamation point next to Ethernet Controller

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Product: Dell Dimension E521
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
    RAM: 2.5 GB
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

3. SnipeTheAK

SnipeTheAK New Member

I have tried updating the driver from Device manager but no luck. I have tried to download a driver from here: Accton EN1207F Series PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver | Drivertube.net

but it says

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Accton EN5251 Based Fast Ethernet Adapter

The required line was not found in the INF"

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Not exactly sure why you would be trying to obtain a driver from that alternate resource.
    According to your OP you stated that you have a Broadcom 440x which I provided a link to....
    And
    According to DELL http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=DIM_P4_E521&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False
    They also are indicating a Broadcom based 440x driver available (incidentally apparently the same driver) so you can also get it from there.
    You'll need to force the driver installation using device manager
    Update Driver
    Browse my computer for driver software
    Let me pick from a list
    Have Disk
    Browse
    to the folder where you've downloaded and extracted the driver
    double click the .inf file
    If I am completely misunderstanding what your problem is, I apologize, but that is all the information I have to work with.
    Regards
    Randy

5. SnipeTheAK

SnipeTheAK New Member

No, Device Manager says that I already have "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller" driver already installed.

6. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

And it is working properly??
    If so then I presume we are talking about a second network adapter (addon card, usb device, wired or wireless??)
    Open device manager
    Expand network adapters
    Select the right click the problem adapter and choose properties
    Select the Details tab
    change the drop down to
    Hardware Ids
    Right click the Value: box and choose
    select all
    right click the blue selected area and choose copy
    open notepad and paste
    Save the text document and attach it to your next post

7. SnipeTheAK

SnipeTheAK New Member

Expanding Network Adapters only show the Broadcom 440x.

It problem is in "Other Devices".
    Unfortunately, the computer does not nave internet because of the problem. I am currently using a laptop and usb to transfer files.

Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_1113&DEV_1216&SUBSYS_00ED16EC&REV_11
    PCI\VEN_1113&DEV_1216&SUBSYS_00ED16EC
    PCI\VEN_1113&DEV_1216&CC_020000
    PCI\VEN_1113&DEV_1216&CC_0200

8. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

And when you plug in the Broadcom Network adapter, it doesn't work??
    You are on the right track, it is an Accton Technology Corp. card, with an EN5251BE chipset, but unfortunately the latest drivers I can find are Windows 2000 and Windows XP. If you use Internet Explorer and go here Microsoft Update Catalog you'll see some options for Accton drivers including the EN1207F (which you seemed to have identified through some other resource), you may want to give that a try.
    Other than that you may be forced to obtain another adapter that is supported by or has drivers for Windows 7.
    Regards
    Randy

9. Parth Joshi

Parth Joshi New Member

Sir, Please help me with the following problems:

Device Info:
    Dell Inspiron 15R N5110
    Window 7 Pro
    64 bit 4 GB RAM

Device manager.PNG
    I can't connect to internet through the LAN cable.
    please help sir!

10. Spirit Wolfe

Spirit Wolfe Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Windows Forums.

First, there are a couple of questions we need to discuss to help you further, and although fixing the immediate underlying problem is fruitful, maybe there is something else not allowing you to connect.

How are you connecting to the internet. Through broadband? Through satellite? Through DSL (Direct Subscriber Line)? The most common one and the best one is the coaxial broadband services through a local cable company like Cox and Comcast.

How is your network set up? Do you use (such as I do) a second router for added security and dual band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) wireless N service in your home?

It also looks like you have an integrated Dell 1702 combination unit (Bluetooth and Wireless N) is this a USB dongle device or is it integrated within your Dell(?) notebook's motherboard? Either way, to solve your issue is listed below...

To answer your question...

... and within the Device Manager window (you supplied us the picture above), make sure that you have the Windows automatic updates on and ALLOW Windows to search for a driver on the internet if the need arises. HIGHLIGHT and DELETE the driver names with the yellow splat marks next to them and do a screen refresh and allow Windows to search for "newly" added hardware and reinstall all of the drivers. If they come back with the yellow splat marks net to them as in the aforementioned picture then Windows 7 DID NOT FIND drivers for those drivers that needed one. Widows has SUCCESSFULLY installed and recognized your Dell Wireless 1702 Bluetooth adapter, and installed the correct drivers for that device. I have been using Driver Detective software for years for my updates and drivers I cannot seem to find on my own. Sometimes you need to force install drivers because Windows tells you that this is not the right driver, but it will work, not a 100%, but it will fulfill getting the hardware up and running.

Good Luck & Cheers!

11. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

It would probably be a good idea to go to Dell.com -> Support by product.....
    Plug in your service tag number and download the drivers for your operating system from there.
    You will of course need a system that can connect to the internet in order to do this.

12. Parth Joshi

Parth Joshi New Member

Connecting to the internet: Sir, I connect throgh the cables provided in our computer laboratory. Sorry sir, further i have no idea how to classify them.

Integrated Dell 1702 combination unit is integrated within the Dell lappy.