Windows 7 Ethernet Switches

colfmedion

Honorable Member
Hi,
I currently have 2 PCs and 1 NAS box connected by Ethernet cables to my wired Netgear Router/Modem which is connected in the standard fashion to my Telephone Junction Box via an ADSL Filter. The Telephone junction box is located in a different room to the PCs and necessitates a run of cable of approx 10 metres. Due to constantly suffering internet outages I have been advised to move the Router next to the Telephone Junction Box. I do not want to run 3 Ethernet cables from the router for the 10 metres to the PCs. So, would I be correct in thinking that I can get an Ethernet Switch with the 10 metre Ethernet cable run to the Router and the the 2 PCs and NAS box connected to the Switch by Ethernet cable and have the same connectivity as before?
I am not a technician/engineer so I would appreciate any advise before I leap in and purchase.
Thanks
Colf

Yes this is a normal method to cascade a single conection to multiple devices. If gig ethernet is available on your router you need to use cable that will carry that data speed and buy aswitsh that is also gig speed.

Back
Top Bottom