Windows Vista Even MS Steve Sinofsky (Windows 7 head) was confused..

Graham

Internal emails at Microsoft released to public ... (By US Court Judge)

Even MS Steve Sinofsky (Windows 7 head) was confused..
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:05 PM
To: Brad Goldberg
Subject: vista ready

Is it true that Vista Ready doesn't necessarily mean Aero capable? I got a Dell Lattitude that is Vista Ready but doesn't have enough graphics h/w.

---

some pcs that are windows vista (sic) capable will run aero (sic) and some will not.
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:11 PM
To: Steven Sinofsky
Subject: RE: vista ready

thx for the ping here ... today is my first day back in the office in a couple of weeks and i (sic) was completely off mail while I was out.

by windows vista (sic) ready do you mean the sticker on your pc that says "windows vista capable". (sic) this certification means that the pc will run the basic experiences of windows vista. (sic) the criteria map to the minimum system requirements to run any sku. some pcs that are windows vista (sic) capable will run aero (sic) and some will not.

In the interim we've also created a marketing designation that allows oems to market pcs a "premium ready" every pc that is premium ready will run aero. for (sic) holiday oems will be heavily pushing premium ready machines but because intel (sic) was late with their Intergrated chipset the maority of machines on the market today are windows vista (sic) capable but not premium ready.

originally (sic) we wanted to set the capable bar around aero (sic) but there are a bunch of reasons why we had to back off ... a bit messy and a long story that I'm happy to walk you though if helpful :)

let (sic) me know if you have other questions

brad

---

We set ourselves up.
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:13 PM
To: Brad Goldberg
Subject: RE: vista ready

I was in bestbuy (sic) listening to people and can tell you this one did not come clear to customers. We set ourselves up.

Also, I searched and wasn't able to find a "premium ready" (sic) machine (after I sent this I learned about the difference).

---

Sent: Thursday, Auust 10, 2006 6:19 PM
To: Steve Schiro
Subject: FW: vista ready

this (sic) was a hot topic at partner marketing day and I thought your team was taking steps on educating the channel etc

how (sic) do you feel we are doing around this

brad

---

If there is confusion at the top, at Microsoft, what chance the general public? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom