Windows 8 Even though...

Drew

Banned
Even though one can use the 'start' button on the Windows 8.1 Taskbar selected to go to the ALL Applications screen instead of Start...
Same as Win8, I, still, prefer having an old fashioned, alphabetical list window on the Taskbar for Applications to access everything & anything... saves all the fuss of changing screens from Desktop.

Cheers,
Drew

Do we really need another post with you touting the same taskbar approach. It's getting a little repetitive.

Yeah, that’s one of the minor annoyances of Windows 8. I’m so used to seeing All Programs, Accessories, etc, in the Start Menu. Since Microsoft refuses to do it my way, I decided to add a shortcut on the desktop that essentially does the same thing. However, I may decide to remove it. After installing the latest version of Classic Shell today, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that there’s an option for a Vista / Windows 7 type of start menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may just be me, but I really don't need access to all of that most of the time. But hey the beauty is we can config our machines to our own tastes and needs.

The only point was (not repeating) that even with changes in 8.1 it was, still, a cool, usable, additional, approach.

Cheers,
Drew

8 > 8.1 Still Doing the Same

Much as many people will like things as they now are or can be with 8.1; even with the tweaks & changes in 8.1, I am not using it any differently than I did Windows 8.

Yes, the Windows button, now living on the Taskbar can go to the ALL Applications screen instead, of Start. But, personally, I, still, prefer having a traditional Applications window on the Taskbar (as I have in Windows 8) with no need to leave Desktop (screen) and using Desktop Toolbar.

Cheers,
Drew
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Back