Windows 7 Event id: 41 windows 7 64-bit issue

indarkness

Hello guys!

I have got trouble my my Alienware Aurora, all start with BSODs(produced by the graphic card) and after calling the technical support they changed it. But then, the pc started to reboot randomly which happens currently.

The problem is that there is not a BSOD associated to this crash, neither a minidump file or in the LiveKernelReports folder. So this way I cannot explain the issue to technical support in an "technical way". This crash only appears in the windows event viewer being the following:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
-<System>
<ProviderName="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreatedSystemTime="2011-12-13T08:09:43.272010200Z" />
<EventRecordID>8932</EventRecordID>
<Correlation/>
<ExecutionProcessID="4" ThreadID="8"/>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Pilar-PC</Computer>
<SecurityUserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
-<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have restored windows 7 twice, the preinstalled partition that thecomputer brought from Dell the second time was last Wednesday(December 2011 7[SUP]th[/SUP]),updated the BIOS and the drivers but that didn't fix the problem. I have been reading about this same problem in this forum as well as others, but almost all the solutions given I have already tried without solving the issue( such as changing to high performance,reseating the RAM sticks,disabling AMD HDMI output...).I have read the MSDN for this topic ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504), being useless in order to figure out what’s happening...

Could you give some advise??

Thanks in advance!!;)
;)

Post script:I attach my pc features using CPU-Z

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 298
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 292
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 305
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 350
Well, this link at Dell seems relevant. It refers to the connections on the card. Since it is related, possibly if your card and connections are correct, the power supply is having a problem.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Heat can always be an issue, and leaving the case open and even putting an external fan on it might prove or disprove this possibility.

The Kernel Event you show will always occur if the system shuts down. Might be involved, but I would look elsewhere first.

The Dell Sites are usually pretty good about keeping drivers and troubleshooting information up to date.

Well, this link at Dell seems relevant. It refers to the connections on the card. Since it is related, possibly if your card and connections are correct, the power supply is having a problem.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Heat can always be an issue, and leaving the case open and even putting an external fan on it might prove or disprove this possibility.

The Kernel Event you show will always occur if the system shuts down. Might be involved, but I would look elsewhere first.

The Dell Sites are usually pretty good about keeping drivers and troubleshooting information up to date.

Saltgrass thanks for replying!

That one was one of the first solutions I tried but didn't figure out the issue, I have update all the drivers using Dell web,and called the technical support but even so, no solution.

regards,

So you have checked the connectors, reseated the video card and replaced the power supply..

The fact they sent you a new card doesn't mean it is good...

Try another video card, you can probably get a cheap one for testing, and if not that, there may be a problem with the motherboard.

So you have checked the connectors, reseated the video card and replaced the power supply..

The fact they sent you a new card doesn't mean it is good...

Try another video card, you can probably get a cheap one for testing, and if not that, there may be a problem with the motherboard.

Well, I haven't replaced the power supply becuase they took my pc and reviewed it. Changing only the graphic card...

thanks again!

Back