Windows 7 Everything disapeared from destop

crisby

Suddently my task bar, the side bar and all destop icons disapeared, the background is black, if i change the background it disapears after re-boot. After start up, a window opens with my destop folder opened. If I try to open "task bar and start menu", a "windows explorer doesn't work" windows appears.
Does anyone know a solution for this:confused:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Suddently my task bar, the side bar and all destop icons disapeared, the background is black, if i change the background it disapears after re-boot. After start up, a window opens with my destop folder opened. If I try to open "task bar and start menu", a "windows explorer doesn't work" windows appears.
Does anyone know a solution for this:confused:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I had the same problem with a customer's computer and solved it by creating a new account with administrator privileges and copying everything over from C:\Users\"Present Account" to C:\Users\"New Account Name". Once that is done, select the "New Account Name" at the boot menu. If everything is fixed, you can delete your "Present Account."

Ya, read this post already, but it seems theres another reason for this :(

I offered you a possible solution, not a reason for the problem. I never pursued the matter further when I fixed the problem. Try Googling missing Icons and you might find the reason for the problem.

Back
Top Bottom