Windows 7 Everything you need to know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange? Anyone else having a problem?

Try it on a manual Jimbo, starting on page Link Removed - Invalid URL and type in the rest.

Cancel that, I've just tracked down the article, which has been full reproduced by Edd Bott:
What you need to know about the Windows 7 Release Candidate | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

P.S. Sorry, justlooked at your image!!
Sorry anyone who has tried, it seems to be linked to a Microsoft subscription. But the new link will take you there.

TY good post and the link works :D

Thanks -- working now

worth the read

One thing he missed in dicussing using on a Virtual Machine however is that provided your CPU has VT enabled in the Bios or by default you can actually run the X-64 version as a guest OS on a 32 Bit host such as XP. Note if you do this however the HOST machine will still only see 4GB RAM max so your guest OS will have to use less.

You can also get the interesting scenario of running Windows 7 x-86 as Host with x-64 as a GUEST -- but subject to the same constraints.

Execute the attached file to see if your CPU will support a 64 bit Guest OS. Note Virtual pc doesn't support 64 bit guest OS'es so you'll have to use something like vmware.

cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Thanks -- working now

worth the read
cheers
jimbo

Your a saint :) Your knowledge is great and your empathy rocks :D
Me got the faintest knowledge you make safe way for destressed wayfares = nothing but respect :)

Dang! You can tell when I have been drinking ;)

Back