Windows 7 Experience Score

Susanjane

Extraordinary Member
We just downloaded Windows 7 and we love it. I have two questions, though:

1) The base score on my computer is 3.1; the Gaming Graphics is 3.1 and the Desktop Performance for Aeros is 3.4. These are the lowest scores-- the highest is a 5.1 in Disk Data Transfer Rate. Is this okay for a 2007 computer?

2) If it isn't okay, can I change it with software downloads of some sort-- I'm not interested in installing new hardware of any kind.

Thanks!

The only thing besides new hardware that may improve it is the graphics card drivers. I would install the latest Windows 7 drivers from either the computer manufacturer or graphics card manufacturer. But unless you are have problems with you computer I wouldn't let the rating bother you.

score

my lowest score on any rating is 4.9,so maybe a new graphics card might do the job,i have 4 gb ram and a 1gb card,it all adds to the smoothness and speed

Thank you, pbcopter, djwayne and gaz, for responding so quickly. I'll take your advice and just not obsess over the score so much.

Again, thanks.

score

no,theres no need to obsess over it,like with vista its not that important,as long as its working for you,plus its not that accurate anyway

Thank you, gaz and Drew. I might try to take pbcopter's advice and update the graphics card drivers from the Toshiba site. At any rate, I'll try not to worry about what's not broke.

Back