Windows 7 Explorer crashes after returning from hibernation

christopherwms

I have the Lenovo Thinkpad L410 that shipped with Vista Business. I then used a school license to do a cleaen install of 7 Pro after a low level format. I got all of my frivers from the lenovo site, and now after I return from hibernation explorer will repeatedly crash forcing me to restart to fix the problem. Can someone help me fix this so that I can return from hibernation without crashing.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Solution
Chris, it sounds like you are experiencing issues with Windows Explorer crashing after returning from hibernation on your Lenovo Thinkpad L410 running Windows 7 Professional. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue. Here are some steps you can take to fix the problem of Explorer crashing after returning from hibernation: 1. Update Drivers: - Make sure that all your drivers are up-to-date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause stability issues. Visit the Lenovo website and download the latest drivers for your specific model. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Ensure that your Windows 7 system is fully updated. Microsoft often releases patches and updates that can fix...
Chris, it sounds like you are experiencing issues with Windows Explorer crashing after returning from hibernation on your Lenovo Thinkpad L410 running Windows 7 Professional. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue. Here are some steps you can take to fix the problem of Explorer crashing after returning from hibernation: 1. Update Drivers: - Make sure that all your drivers are up-to-date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause stability issues. Visit the Lenovo website and download the latest drivers for your specific model. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Ensure that your Windows 7 system is fully updated. Microsoft often releases patches and updates that can fix bugs and stability issues. 3. Run System File Checker (SFC): - Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files. Here's how: - Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. - Type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter. - Wait for the scan to complete and follow any on-screen instructions. 4. Check Event Viewer: - Use the Event Viewer to check for any error messages related to Explorer crashes. This can provide more insight into what is causing the issue. 5. Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs: - Too many startup programs can sometimes cause instability. Disable unnecessary startup programs using the System Configuration utility (msconfig). 6. Power Options: - Check your power settings to ensure that your computer is not experiencing any conflicts related to hibernation. 7. Check for Malware: - Perform a full scan with your preferred antivirus software to ensure that malware is not causing the crashes. After trying these steps, restart your computer and see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, let me know, and we can explore further solutions to resolve the Explorer crashing after hibernation issue on your Lenovo Thinkpad L410.

Solution