Windows 11 Explorer error

Tom31

what could be causing this?
When booting Windows 11 I sometimes get the following Error message:

Explorer.exe
(the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation)

the PC then blocks for a few minutes.
after that everything works without any problems

PSX_20220113_070003.jpg

Last edited:
There are several posted solutions for this. You probably have something left over from your upgrade.
But, in the first instance, I would open the settings - system- troubleshooting - other troubleshooters.
Try, first, the Internet Connections. I cannot personally see how that creates the problem, but that is recommended
Then the .Windows update.
If that doesn't eliminate the problem, post back for a couple of commands which may help.

There are several posted solutions for this. You probably have something left over from your upgrade.
But, in the first instance, I would open the settings - system- troubleshooting - other troubleshooters.
Try, first, the Internet Connections. I cannot personally see how that creates the problem, but that is recommended
Then the .Windows update.
If that doesn't eliminate the problem, post back for a couple of commands which may help.
thanks in advance for your response.

I will test it and let you know.
this will take a few days as the error does not occur every time.

I already tested a few things

sfc /scannow
chkdsk
update Windows and drivers
recent files delete in quick access

I'm not sure yet if this has anything to do with it. but it started since a DVD burner is installed in the computer. disconnected it temporarily to make sure it has something to do with it. I've already reinstalled the drivers but it's still the same
so far the problem has not occurred if the DVD burner is not connected. But I'll wait a few days to make sure

Ok. The commends were the next thing to try - done already!

my next step was in the command prompt (admin)
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Back
Top Bottom