Windows 7 Explorer.exe error and more

dimensional

Hi, I just installed Windows 7 Build 7100 x64. However when the OS starts up and I'm on my desktop, I can not access any files or folders. I recieve errors telling me the file path can't be found, as well as conflicts with explorer.exe. I'm stumped! Any idea what it could be?

Hi, I just installed Windows 7 Build 7100 x64. However when the OS starts up and I'm on my desktop, I can not access any files or folders. I recieve errors telling me the file path can't be found, as well as conflicts with explorer.exe. I'm stumped! Any idea what it could be?
If the Installation software is not infected with a Trojan it sounds like a Bad Operating system disc with missing or corrupt files. These are definitely NOT NORMAL. Since the source of all 7100 Builds that most of us have is not directly from Microsoft Sever , there is no guarranty for their authenticity and in some sights trojans may also be sent along with the downloads especially if it is not just an ISO Image as has been reported by many in some Forums. Occasionally file corruption can happen during DVD burning and depending up your burner and the software used. Since your post has absolutely no hardware information about the system this is the most I could come up with. You may have to decide how to proceed . Im sorry to say this install won't work with any easy troubleshoots. Reinstall is your best option but consider getting a freshly burned DVD and if possible, new OS download.:(

Back
Top Bottom