Fury

I'm new around here,and my hope of put my HDD working is dying day after day....Since last week my External HDD isn't recognized on any Windows OS i've tried. Ex: W7,Vista, NT.
It gives me a "Code 43" error. I've tried many drivers and stuff like RegCure,DriverDoctor,DeviceDoctor,RobotDriver.....lol
All work in some way but none of them resolve the problem. My ext.HDD has 3months,i never move her around it always stays quiet in my desk,so i still got some hope recovering my data. Got around 600gb of family pictures, clips and many dvd movies i love. If some one can help me please take 2mnts of your time and reply me.I sended mails to verbatim.com and verbatim-europe.com but none of them answer me.I know that verbatim doesnt make HDD so from what i read it must be a samsung inside i think, or some how a Western Digital i dont know for shore.Tanks:(

Solution
It's frustrating when your external HDD suddenly stops being recognized, especially when you have valuable data on it. The "Code 43" error typically points to a device driver issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check the Connection:
    • Ensure that the connections between the external HDD and your computer are secure. Try using a different USB port or cable to rule out any connection issues.
    []Device Manager:
    • Open Device Manager (Press Win + X, then select Device Manager) and look for the external HDD under "Disk Drives" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers."
    • If you see a yellow exclamation mark next to the...
It's frustrating when your external HDD suddenly stops being recognized, especially when you have valuable data on it. The "Code 43" error typically points to a device driver issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check the Connection:
    • Ensure that the connections between the external HDD and your computer are secure. Try using a different USB port or cable to rule out any connection issues.
    []Device Manager:
    • Open Device Manager (Press Win + X, then select Device Manager) and look for the external HDD under "Disk Drives" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers."
    • If you see a yellow exclamation mark next to the device, it indicates a driver issue.
    [
    ]Update or Reinstall Drivers:
    • Right-click on the external HDD in Device Manager and select "Update driver."
    • Try to find and install the latest driver for the device. You can also uninstall the driver and then reconnect the HDD to let Windows reinstall the driver automatically.
    []Compatibility Mode:
    • Try running the driver installer in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and choose an older version of Windows.
    [
    ]Disk Management:
    • Check Disk Management (Press Win + X, then select Disk Management) to see if the HDD appears there. It may need to be initialized or assigned a drive letter.
    []Data Recovery:
    • If you can't get the drive to work, consider using data recovery software like Recuva, TestDisk, or EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover your files.
    [
    ]Contact Verbatim:
    • Since you mentioned contacting Verbatim with no response, you may try reaching out to Samsung or Western Digital since you suspect their hardware could be inside the HDD.
  2. Professional Help:
    • If the data is extremely important and you're unable to recover it yourself, consider taking the HDD to a professional data recovery service. It's important to act carefully to avoid further data loss. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any updates on your progress with the external HDD.

Solution
Back