Windows Vista Extra display options

Discussion in 'Desktop Customization' started by ronzalonis, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ronzalonis

ronzalonis New Member

I had been running a copy of Vista Ultimate and since downgrading to Home Premium I notice I'm missing 2 display options under
    Personalize --> Desktop Background --> How should this picture be positioned

In Vista Ultimate, I believe I had five choices. 2 extra in addition to the Stretch, Tile, and Center I currently have. Is there any way to get those options back or have them added to Home Premium?

Thanks in advance
    :cool:

2. BMorearty

BMorearty Senior Member

Hi,

I'm not sure what the answer is to your question, but if all else fails there are third party programs that can give you more options for how to show your wallpaper. My favorite is the one I wrote: Ducklet DeskPhoto, which helps you easily crop any photo to fill your desktop with the top, middle, or bottom part of the picture (if it's a vertical picture) or the left, middle, or right part.

Brian

3. superbill

superbill New Member

In Ultimate there are 5 choices as you say. Fit to screen, Tile, Centre, Maintain Aspect Ratio and Crop to fit screen.
    You cannot get these options back without reinstalling Ultimate and you cannot add more to Home Premium.
    Your best bet would be as BMorearty suggests in using a third party programme.

4. ALYSSIA

ALYSSIA New Member

Its really appreciative work and I hope you will keep it up as well