Windows 7 Extras Gallery Missing in Windows Media Center

I am running the 7600 build of Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit) and the Extras Gallery is missing in Windows Media Center. I need to run the Digital Cable Advisor tool to determine if I can add a CableCard tuner to MCE on this system (this should be included in the WMC Extras Gallery). This system gets all its updates automatically and forcing a manual update of MCE (Settings -> General -> Automatic Download Options -> Download Now) does not help with this issue. Anyone else in the U.S. seeing issues with the WMC Extras Gallery?

:eek:

Windows 7 64-bit missing Extras Gallery in Media Center?

I'm having the same issue. I've tried a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and Windows Home Premium 64-bit, and on both installs, when I go to media center, I don't see the Extras Gallery.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but I've now been able to reproduce the following behavior in all 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7:

After wiping the hard drive and performing a fresh Windows 7 install, launch media center and you won't see the Extras Gallery (only the "extras library" appears, but not the gallery. Exit media center and let Windows Update run, reboot, and the Extras Gallery appears.

BTW - If you're intending to run the new Digital Media Advisor, make sure you run the Windows performance index first, otherwise the advisor won't launch. You don't need to activate windows in order to run the media advisor.

Last edited:
Re: Windows 7 64-bit missing Extras Gallery in Media Center?

Just experienced this in Win7 x64, what worked for me to install missing Internet TV, Guide, Netflix, Extras Gallery, etc:

Open an elevated CMD window (run cmd.exe as administrator)

> cd %SYSTEMROOT%\ehome
> start /wait mcupdate -u

Back