Windows 7 Extremely High Ping

guitarfrk451

I'm getting an average ping of about 800-900 pinging to yahoo.com. When I ping to my default gateway it's still about 800-900 which tells me it's a problem with something before it gets out of the dsl router. I think it may be a driver issue with Windows 7, because I dual boot Ubuntu and have no connection issues..getting an average ping of about 70-80 or so. I checked everywhere and cannot seem to find any solution to this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Try rgus at the cooaf prompy:

"http;/24.28.193.9"

without te quatations

Pafe load faster?

reghakr, I think you need to replace your keyboard, it seems to be really messing up!!! ;)

Otherwise, if you ping localhost, or 127.0.0.1, how are those times. Could some type of firewall or anti-virus be slowing down the times?

I finally found one that works, I'm a littlel blear-eyed in the morning, that;s when I make my mistakes

Just thought i would let ya'll know i read somewhere that you could use vista drivers on 7....I didn't know this prior to this issue. All it was consisted of a corrupt driver. Thanks for all of ya'lls support.

Run a Pingtest at Link Removed due to 404 Error to the nearest server.
It might coincidently be a problem with your actual connection.
Merry christmas.

Go to Start > Run and type cmd, Mow type ping google.com. My response time is about 45ms. What's yours

Now type "24.28.193.9" without the quotation marks. Does the page load faster?

Back