Extremely High Ping

I'm getting an average ping of about 800-900 pinging to yahoo.com. When I ping to my default gateway it's still about 800-900 which tells me it's a problem with something before it gets out of the dsl router. I think it may be a driver issue with Windows 7, because I dual boot Ubuntu and have no connection issues..getting an average ping of about 70-80 or so. I checked everywhere and cannot seem to find any solution to this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

reghakr

Essential Member
Try rgus at the cooaf prompy:

"http;/24.28.193.9"

without te quatations

Pafe load faster?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
reghakr, I think you need to replace your keyboard, it seems to be really messing up!!! ;)

Otherwise, if you ping localhost, or 127.0.0.1, how are those times. Could some type of firewall or anti-virus be slowing down the times?

reghakr

Essential Member
I finally found one that works, I'm a littlel blear-eyed in the morning, that;s when I make my mistakes

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Are you running off wireless?
If so does your card support 802.11N technology?

sorry took so long to return
local host is fine its a 1 ms
wireless is a negative
driver issue maybe?

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Definitely might be..
What's the model of your network adapter?

reghakr

Essential Member
guitarfrk451 ,

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

EVEREST Ultimate Edition v5.30

or

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.04

Just thought i would let ya'll know i read somewhere that you could use vista drivers on 7....I didn't know this prior to this issue. All it was consisted of a corrupt driver. Thanks for all of ya'lls support.

reghakr

Essential Member
Go to Start > Run and type cmd, Mow type ping google.com. My response time is about 45ms. What's yours

Now type "24.28.193.9" without the quotation marks. Does the page load faster?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.