Extremely Slow Download/Upload Speed On One Machine

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by Joe-Phillips, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Joe-Phillips

Joe-Phillips New Member

Hi Guys,

I have 3 machines in my house. One laptop running Windows 7 32-Bit connected via wireless, one desktop running Windows XP Pro connect via ethernet and the machine in question... A dekstop with Windows 7 64-Bit connected via ethernet.

The machine with the problem is a Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM, Geforce 9800GTX and an ASRock Board. The LAN adapter is Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Gigabit Ethernet (NDIS 6.20). It has been working fine until fairly recently where the internet is slow and if I try to download something... For instance AVG Free Offline installer (77mb) (Internet explorer 8) it will start at 600KBPS which is normal and then completely freeze and won't move. I have found from monitoring tools it is going at about 500bytes - 15k. All the other machines are fine. It does the same thing in Google Chrome. I have tried rebuilding the machine and that has made no difference... Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks in advance

Joe

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Hello Jow,

Try this on two machines and compare the results. Go to Start > Run, an dtype cmd, Now type ping googlr.com..Mt resonse is about45ms. What;s yours?,

No enter this in yiur browsers address bar withiut the quatations:

"http://64.233.169.104"

Does the page load faster?

How does iit compare to your other machine?