Facing totally confused problem

maninder2177721

First note these point:
* I have Windows XP installed on my desktop computer & due to some reason or virus my 5 drive partitions of windows got merged.
* Somehow I was able to get the data out of these merged drives & transferred it in a portable harddrive.
* That harddrive was of FAT32 format which i noticed later & it have my all data.
* When i transferred data to external drive then it was giving 17-18 mb copying speeds.
* But when i tried to copy the data in my laptop's internal drive then it is giving copying speed less than a mb.
* I have Windows 7 installed on my laptop & it is NTFS formatted.

Now these points:
* After that i was unable to format my whole internal harddrive with any windows version so i formatted it using linux.
* When i tried to copy my data in linux then it was giving copying speed more than 20-30 mb.
* Now i have my data on my linux OS.

Main problem:
* I want to install Windows 7 but can't because it will format the whole drive again because my data is stored in some "ext" type format which Windows 7 don't support.
* I can't use my portable drive for saving data because it contains my XBOX games & i can't make it NTFS from FAT32 without deleting them.

I WANT TO INSTALL WINDOWS 7 WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA!

Please make me clear all this mess, i am totally confused.

maninder2177721

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom