Failing HDD

spapayik

2016 ASUS F555-LA w/
  • Intel Core i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3GHz), Intel HD Graphics 5500
  • 12GB DDR3L 1600 MHz Memory , 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive,
  • Was Running Windows 10 Home 64-Bit and is Know Running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit also do not know if this is what is causing this or not but I don't Think it would have Really Mattered since it is Just a Different OS Than the Home Edition of Windows Plus Event Viewer at Times Does Not Respond and has a Devmgr Deleted Error
causing a lot of Not Responding errors and being slow to the point of almost being Unusable HDD Usage in Task Manager Can Go as High as 100% @ Times and Basic Tasks Like Running Microsoft Edge and also Just Booting the PC up Black Background every Know and then can see mouse but a long black background for a while before the actual OS Loads have been wandering if I shouldn't just go ahead and replace it w/ a Samsung 860 EVO SSD Since this is a Laptop I Have also ran SEA Tools from Seagate. The Fix All Long Test Came out w/ Bad Sectors @ Around 50% Completed was Recommended to run Seagate Bootable Ran Seagate Bootable Test Came Out w/ Pass Rating but then Reran the Test on SEA Tools from Sea Gate Fix All Long Test Came Out as Fail @ although it was around 85% Every Other Test has passed except for the Advanced Test for I have Not Run it Although I Do have a Full Backup of My Data along w/ a System Repair Disc So that if I Do have to Replace the HDD w/ an SSD I will not Lose any of my Data also Ran a CHKDSK from CMD Command Line Via Administrator Came Up w/ This

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.
Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
3447552 file records processed.
File verification completed.
9960 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
51297 reparse records processed.
3668282 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.
0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
51297 reparse records processed.
Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
Security descriptor verification completed.
110366 data files processed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
40976728 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
974981604 KB total disk space.
318402576 KB in 1170878 files.
500276 KB in 110367 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
3589108 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
652489644 KB available on disk.
4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
243745401 total allocation units on disk.
163122411 allocation units available on disk.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I am Know Going to Attach Some Images of Certain things I'm Running Into Really Just want Someone Else's Opinion Though Before I do go and buy a SSD

Attachments

• Event Viewer Error.PNG
    Event Viewer Error.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 241
  • HDD(3).PNG
    HDD(3).PNG
    696.7 KB · Views: 225
  • HDD(5).PNG
    HDD(5).PNG
    118.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Updates(2).PNG
    Updates(2).PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Updates.PNG
    Updates.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 245
If the drive has already failed you are out of luck.

The prime rule of computing is…

Never save anything you don’t want to lose on only one drive!

If it contains something of earth-shattering importance you can send it to a data recovery business and spend a lot of money but that’s about it.

If the drive is acting like it’s going to fail, copy everything on it to another location. Do it a few folders at a time. Don’t try and copy the whole drive at once do the most important things first.

Back
Top Bottom