Windows 7 Fake windows

Gary johnson

Hi... I was given a windows 7 install disc to change from 10 to 7 I didn't like 10 however it's turned out to be a fake.. I still can see windows old my previous version and want to return to 10. I cannot restore to previous it's not there I can only see windows old in my C drive. Help ! How do I remove the fake Windows and return to my previous version which sits in my C drive.... please help I cannot even log on to the internet

Morning Gary and welcome to the forum.

When you originally first got the system was Windows 7 already installed? If so then you may have Windows 7 sitting in a partition which you could use to go back.
If you post the make and model of your system we can advise further.

If you don't have Windows 7 sp1 sat in a partition then you could use the windows.old file. This guide will explain how:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/971760 You will need to do two things in order to use this guide properly. First change the boot order so that the system boots from the disk itself. Second you will need a win 7 disk although your fake version may work just enough for you to pop the legal windows.old version on.

If the disk fails to work, try my advise below on getting a disk

You may still need a windows 7 disk which you can get through this website:
Where to Download Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 ISOs Legally
Scroll down to "Download Any Windows or Office ISO Using a Free Third-Party Tool"

Good luck and if you get any issues post back.

Hello... your systems...what do I need to do good sir.

I'm going to try and recover windows over the weekend stay tuned lol

ok thank you.

You seem very clever and I was wondering if you have knowledge of servers I have an issue at work and our IT department are unable to sort.

Sorry Gary I'm clueless with servers but plenty of our members are familiar with them. Hopefully they'll read this and post.

I'll pm a colleague who's great with this stuff.. :)

Gary,

Can you please post your server question over in the Server Forums section so that we can work on your problem and other people can benefit from the results?

Back
Top Bottom