Windows 7 Farcry 2 Problem

nmsuk

Essential Member
Does anyone know how to get farcry 2 to run in DirectX 10 without microstuttering?

I have high framerates but it stutters every second or so. Lowering the gfx options makes no difference and I'm at a loss. I'm running the latest drivers for everything. Done a few searches and all I've found is to set gfx_maxfps 30 from within the console but it too isn't working.

TIA for any help

NMSUK

I've looked through google and your right about the gfx_maxfps 30 fix.. Have you tried different set of numbers? One post I saw the user said 40 was a better figure for his set up.

I've tried everything from 30 all the way up to 100 :frown: Nothing seems to make a difference. Game only cost me ÂŁ2.50 with all the DLC packs so I can't really complain. Is strange though really high fps but stuttering every second. I've tried different drivers to see if that makes a difference but it doesn't is the same on every driver for the past year. I've put a ticket in with AMD, sould be interesting to see what they have to say. UBI on the other hand I've given up on as they deleted my Post, which was only a polite inquiry about how to solve the issue.

Yes tried that and I've been using RadeonPro for quite awhile thanks for the suggestions though. :)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Hmm...

Ok my last suggestion (for the moment lol ). This web page contains links for ATI/AMD drivers going all the way back to 10.1. Perhaps a different driver might help?

download from Guru3D.com

personally havent noticed this issue on my machines, but just out of interest does it do the same without the crossfire enabled?

It does unfortunately do it with crossfire disabled. Is the only game I'm having problems with. Crysis 2 runs flawlessly. Out of the 2 I'd have thought Farcry 2 would absolutely fly, which it does but with stutters every second. Oh and the awfully slow mouse control.

well for the mouse problem you could try the 1000hz USB polling hack for windows 7... been using it a few weeks to boost my steering wheel response times and works brilliantly. (windows 7 USB defaults to roughly 8ms for updates, with the hack gets down to 1ms or 2ms response)

well for the mouse problem you could try the 1000hz USB polling hack for windows 7... been using it a few weeks to boost my steering wheel response times and works brilliantly. (windows 7 USB defaults to roughly 8ms for updates, with the hack gets down to 1ms or 2ms response)

Nice on I'll look that hack up. Cheers

just make sure you check the devices support it, (my mouse is 1000hz native but was slowed down by the defaults)

The information you provide here is really excellent. Your post is very competent and I think it's pretty hard to go to this page. Although I have to go to some really fast action, but action, which forced me to comment here...I love play games...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back