Windows 7 FAST!!

Drew

Banned
Holy Cow!! Windows 8 is so fast & snappy it's just bizarre!! And resource usage next to nothing.

It may be fast but it sucks since they blocked all of the fixes to get rid of Metro. I had a bad feeling when the install started with a black screen and the little pic of the fish. It should have been a dead fish.
Joe

I knew the Metro defeats would not work in the Beta or after the DP. I had turned the Start Menu on in the DP for a little while. But, then, decided may as well work w/out it cus I was going to be w/out it going forward. Tip... upon finding some things (that were not in the DP, least I never saw them there), some funky navigation is available whilst on the Desktop that makes getting around or to things slick, quick & w/out always going back to or through the Start Screen. And did you know if one does want to Search something, you can start typing that right on the Start Screen in the middle of nowhere & will become Search. @ this point it seems very fast, the specs suggested it would be, the resources it's taking are noticeably low & it definitely installs in less time than prior Windows OS... I've installed twice, so far, @ about 10 to 15 minutes each for 64-bit. Cheers, Drew

Back