Windows 7 Fastest Browser

JohnJ

What do you consider the fastest browser based on your personal experience? I'd probably say either Firefox or Chrome.

I cannot detect any differences in access speed, to tell the truth. But I cannot, in spite of its growing popularity, get going with Chrome.
I Use IE as my primary and back up with Safari and, as a last resort, Firefox. Reason for degrading FF is that I can see it uses far more resources than the others, so presumably, if you can detect it, it is probabl a mite slower?

Wow you cant tell the difference between IE8 and Chrome? Safari Link Removed - Invalid URL the fastest followed closely by Chrome. IE gets pwnd by everyone else.

Wow you cant tell the difference between IE8 and Chrome? Safari benches the fastest followed closely by Chrome. IE gets pwnd by everyone else.

Benchmarks depend very much on criteria used by the operator. The better known ones all use Java. I am talking about personal observation.
Using a timer on the computer I got these results, loading a busy help forum similar to this (but more efficient!)

IE... 2.1 seconds.
Safari... 2.1 seconds.
Firefox...3.2 seconds
Chrome (reninstalled and configured) 2.3 seconds.

Based on my own results, assuming I would always be using the internet in a similar fashoin, I will stay with my own convictions, right or wrong.

Browsing, I found a tone of benchmark sites, all with some different but intersting views. IE obviusly, on technicak benchmarking, did not fair so well in speed but in one or two instances came tops for handling information under load.

fwiw. I used the link you gave. Which examines items beyond my ken. IE came to the bottom of the list but was identified as IE7. (I use IE8.)

Last edited:
Speed isn't the Only factor

I would choose Firefox 3.5 as a good compromise considering the frequently updated security patches. IE suffers from infrequent updating and Chrome doesn't have the add-ons that I rely on with Firefox 3.5.

I'm using Firefox 3.5. I agree that Chrome is considerably faster, but it's too basic for me.

There is only one answer and that is Opera 10 Alpha. Chrome is childish and it still needs a lot of work. IE, the granddad of browsers is a pain. Cayman isn't too bad...just go to MajorGeeks.com and click for browsers...there are hundreds...download what looks good and try it. If it doesn't work, toss it and move on.

I would choose Firefox 3.5 as a good compromise considering the frequently updated security patches. IE suffers from infrequent updating and Chrome doesn't have the add-ons that I rely on with Firefox 3.5.
Very true.

I'm using Firefox 3.5. I agree that Chrome is considerably faster, but it's too basic for me.
Thats the best part.

There is only one answer and that is Opera 10 Alpha. Chrome is childish and it still needs a lot of work. IE, the granddad of browsers is a pain. Cayman isn't too bad...just go to MajorGeeks.com and click for browsers...there are hundreds...download what looks good and try it. If it doesn't work, toss it and move on.

What makes Chrome childish? It might be basic but it's probably the fastest browser on the Internet.

If you use Firefox with AdBlock Plus and Noscript it loads no ads nor javascripts. That makes it really fast.

Opera, and not just for the speed.. it has great services integrated and don't need 09823409832 addons as Firefox.
Right now I'm using Opera 10 Build: 1631 (Pre Beta 2).

Using a timer on the computer I got these results, loading a busy help forum similar to this (but more efficient!)

The efficiency of this site is going to dramatically improve very soon as Mike is in the process of switching to a newer much faster system and server.. ;)

I have to go with Chrome as being the fastest.. I have IE 8, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome installed and I have to say for the last month or so I've been using Chrome 90% of the time.. I find it basic yes, but there's nothing wrong with basic, it just means there's less clutter and bullsh!t to have to deal with and disable.. :)

I really don't trust Google but then again I've never really trusted Microsoft either so it's kinda just choosing the lesser two evils.. ;)

Back