Windows 7 Favorite pc games?

Very tricky question considering the weath of titles...
FPS: Homefront or Bad Company 2 or ARMA2
RTS: Napoleon TW or C&C Kanes Wrath
Driving: DIRT2 (DIRT3 will replace this next week) or GRID
Beat 'em up: Batman Arkham Asylum
Sports: FIFA'11
Space: Freelancer or Elite
Puzzle: None, hate them.
Sandbox games: GTA series or Just Cause 2

I haven't played Napoleon but I love Empire Total war

I haven't played Napoleon but I love Empire Total war.

Yea Napoleon is much the same as Empire, just has slightly better graphics and co-op campaign multiplayer, maybe a few less bugs.

I'll have to say the half life series are my favorite. I must have played Half Life 2 at least 100 times.

one of my favs too so i would list as in random order,

unreal 2004
medieval 2
guildwars
oblivion
nfs most wanted
borderlands
battlefield vietnam/bad company 2
doom 3

theres heaps more too but they have had heaps of play.

My favorite is an old DOS game, Descent. From the mid-90's

hey, alfred01 … i'm right there with you on that one … mid-90's descent was loads of fun. among the most powerful ship movements" was "panning" (v/h) … this offered 4d action rather than typical 3d movements all other games came with. though i never utilized a joystick, the keyboard was non-stop keypunch action. one only needed 120mhz (ibm-aptiva) … graphics were nothing like today's games … but, was a thrill nonetheless. first time i initiated the program … 69 hours later, finally hit the bed.

and, guess what … the game is being resurrected … instead of interplay, seems it is now being marketed through descendentstudios.com … word has it, kickstarter.com may have brought it back to life? who knows … i might hop back onto the bandwagon for this gem … and perhaps i will break the bank and buy a joystick this time. nah … the keyboard still rules.

the graphics of the new vision are worth checking out:

the third link, supposedly, leads to live stream of gamer wingman in action. :beer_mug:

descent: underground … classic gamers should check it out.

Well since I'm still playing WoW, I'd say that. I also love to play all the borderlands games.

yo, neemobeer … according to wikipedia … wow (world of warcraft) was the fourth installment (rel 2004) of the warcraft fantasy-series. there's been several expansion sets surrounding the wow environment… purportedly, the sixth set "legion" will be released less than a month from now.
borderlands … not so familiar with … heck, to be brutally honest, i never played wow either.

It would be hard to rank what I would call my one favorite because several come close but I would have to Say No One Lives Forever (NOLF) 1 & 2, followed by Half Life 1 & 2, Far Cry 2. Clive Barkers Undying takes an honorable mention. For RPG Obvivion and Skyrim, Dungeon Siege series 1 & 2 (not 3). NOLF 1 takes the overall crown for me though even as old as it is now it's still that damn good.

Back