Windows 10 Favorites

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello,
Where can i find the favorites bar of Microsoft Edge?
The favorites bar of IE 11 i know where they reside.
Thanks
Curious

Yeh. A navigational nightmare. Click the three horizontal Ines and select Settings.
Scroll down and select view favourites settings
select (now, finally, obvious!) Show favourites bar.

Thank you davehc.
Thus, what you answer me i know a long time ago, but my question was nor clearly posten.
What i want to know is where the system keep the favorites of Microsoft Edge in HD.
Because the favorite of IE, they reside in HD in:
c:\users\USER\Favorites.
Is OK now?
Thanks

Hi

Try this...

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

Mike

PS. I'm always plugging this program but, I want to suggest that you download and install Agent Ransack, (a stand alone search utility for Windows) I've used it for years.

It will find anything in seconds anyplace on your computer, and it's really easy to use.
Once installed just right click where you want to search in File Explorer and select Agent Ransack, then type in what you want to find.

One of my favorite programs of all time!
I couldn't get along without it.

Best of all, it's free!

Agent Ransack - Download

Mike:
Thank you for your help again.
But this location was already find by me but i don´t know why, it is not updated.
I put more addresses into some folders in favorites, but they does not appear in that location.
I think is a mistery, because in this location only appear the favorites that i imported from IE11 when i start using Microsoft Edge.
Ooooops!!!

I believe they are stored in the registry, but are encrypted, so you will not be able to see them as text. Edge is, of course, one of the new so-called Apps.,so are in the link given by Mike, somewhere.

Last edited:
You're not going to be able to add them manually. Edge creates the files in the above mentioned folder, it also creates registry entries for the favorite, creates a GUID for it and updates the favorite info in a database file.

I've confirmed it's not encrypted. Here is a partial view of mine. Edge stores them in a database called spartan.edb
2016-01-25_9-25-59.png

Hi

I tried using Edge but it only took me an hour to go back to Chrome.
Edge just makes everything harder to do.

Mike

I've confirmed it's not encrypted. Here is a partial view of mine. Edge stores them in a database called spartan.edb
Tks. That was, for me, was a good one!.
I guess, Curious, you will have to see if you can manipulate that Dbase - or use Chrome.

Thank you all.
I think mis better to use IE 11 or Safari or Chrome.
Until using Edge i use IE11 e i think is very good too.
Once more thank you
Curious

I am more positive. I like the speed of Edge, here it is faster than chrome, I like the built-in flash player and pdf reader and MS claims it to being more secure but this should be proofed.

I use it as my standard browser and I am happy with it.

But I had some problems with my favourites and synchronizing them between the computers I am using. It looks like deleted favourites survived on a different computer....

Edge definitely runs differently that any other browser. It runs entirely in a svchost.exe service container. There are at least 4 components involved. RuntimeBroker.exe which spawns two processes each called MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe. I assume these CP processes are what fetch content since CP stands for content process. Both of these run with a Low Mandatory Level which means they can't write data to any folder that has a Medium or High Mandatory level with NO-WRITE-UP. So on there own they could only write to your LocalLow appdata folder. The MicrosoftEdge.exe also runs in a Low Mandatory level so it also can't write to much on your drive. Last there is Browser_broker.exe. This process has a medium mandatory level so it could write to disk. I believe the other processes tie into this to handle downloading files/data.

I would say so, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to exploit Edge. It's already been done

Back