Windows 7 Fear 3

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Day 1 will be taking over for Monolith

Looks like F.E.A.R. is back, as Warner Bros Interactive has announced that Day 1 Studios will be at the helm of the next installment to simply be called F.E.A.R. 3. Previous developer Monolith has transitioned the franchise off to Day 1 Studios going forward, so it looks that we can expect the franchise to continue.

The new F.E.A.R. 3 will get some interesting help in the form of John Carpenter, the film director responsible for popular horror films such as The Thing and Halloween. In addition, comic writer Steve Niles will also be involved. While the total impact of the involvement of these two is a bit unclear at this point, our sources suggest that they will be shaping the horror aspects of the game as well as Niles’s involvement in the development of the script as a co-writer.

The biggest new thing that we can expect from F.E.A.R. 3 is the addition of the new co-op multiplayer modes. New unique abilities are also on tap for both the Point Man and Paxton Fattel. The release date is not yet confirmed, but it is said to be on track for fall of this year. Expect F.E.A.R. 3 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC platforms when it does arrive.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Awesome! The Pointman is back along with Paxton Fettel... Happy days!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He,he oh yessss.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw hell yeah!!! :) Can't wait to get my hands on this release!! ;) Some sleepless nights shall be had by all who play this game... ;)

Same here Rade, I just cannot wait for this release. Autumn/Fall is looking great what with F3AR, Crysis 2 and Fallout Las Vegas.

The original was soo sweet. Still some of the smartest AI i've played against. Extreme was the only way to play. FEAR 2 was ok, story line made up for what was lacking. I really hope FEAR 3 doesn't suck, as to me, there looks to be a lot of potential for it too suck.

The original FEAR was just the greatest game. IMO :tongue:

I gotta agree with you there Grub. The original is my all time fav game.. It's got so many things just right.
My only concern with the F3ER is when did they start making it? I mean FEAR 2 was only last year and normally a game will take upwards of three years to bring to market.Perhaps Day 1 was making it alongside Monolith when they were making FEAR 2?
Plus we haven't seen too much actual ingame action, it's all been live action apart from some very quick scenes (with the graphics looking a tad questionable to me) flashed onscreen.
The original FEAR was a groundbreaking game and i know this is hard to repeat but FEAR 2's console style annoyed the **** out me so I hope they go back to the original style.

Perhaps they're just teasing us but i hope they release some more ingame footage soon and like you hope it doesn't stink..

My only concern with the F3ER is when did they start making it? I mean FEAR 2 was only last year and normally a game will take upwards of three years to bring to market.Perhaps Day 1 was making it alongside Monolith when they were making FEAR 2?

Mmmm i wonder. Glad to find another who appreciates the finer things in life;)

The only FEAR 2 I have played is the Extraction Point. Will try FEAR 3 when it is out, sooner or later.

I do like Extraction Point even if it's considered non canon. The game has some excellent choke points and the fight through the first set of offices is truely phenominal..

I didn't really like the games that much but the America's Army games weren't too bad.. For what they were at least.. ;)

I agree completely that Fear 1 was groundbreaking in many many ways.. Fear 2 was pretty good too but it could have been better.. Let's hope they have learned from their mistakes and F3ar kicks some major a$$! ;) Time will tell....

Does anyone know why Sierra is no longer involved??

Or am I just making myself look stupid?

I think cuz Warner had purchased the title off them.. Something like that anyway..

Hey Grub, have you played 'Reborn'? It was released as a free DLC after FEAR 2 was released. Now that is a fallback to how the game should be.. Totally hardcore with mixes of different enemy types, nice choke points and even a couple of scares. It's just a shame it's only 4 levels long..

No!:eek: I am currently in the process of looking into this. Mmmm. Thanks for the info

Oh and in Reborn you get to see how Fettle is brought back...

F.E.A.R. 3 is Really About Family... A Psychic, Psychotic Family

Psychotic ghost or fratricidal lunatic: Those are your character options in Warner Brother's upcoming thriller, shooter F.E.A.R. 3.
F.E.A.R. 3 is all about dependency, family and the supernatural, as Frank Rooke, director of design at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, tells it.
"For those of you who have seen or played a F.E.A.R. game you'll know that it's filled with conspiracies, it has memorable characters, it has its share of awkward maybe or disturbing moments," Rooke said. "But really it's about, at its heart, a family, a dysfunctional family, a very psychically gifted family, made up of these two brothers (Paxton Fettel and Point Man) as well as their paranormal powerhouse of a mother, Alma."
The game kicks off nine months after the end of F.E.A.R. 2, Alma is about to give birth to something terrifyingly horrible, Rooke said. Point Man's younger brother Paxton Fettel, who Point Man killed by shooting in his head, has come back as a ghost that is psychically linked to Point Man.
The game will still have Armacham, which is trying to clean up the mess that happened from the devastating blast that was seen first F.E.A.R. game. It will also include members of the F.E.A.R. squad who are trying to finish out their original orders in destroying Alma and essentially destroying what's left of Point Man's family.
"So Point Man, interestingly enough, is in the middle of this," Rooke said. "He has to make a tough decision. And that is his alliance. Does he go for duty, behind the squad. Or is he behind his family, to simply go for power."
This rather complex story wasn't hammered out by the folks at WB alone, Rooke says, they had help from Steve Niles, author of 30 Days of Night, and John Carpenter, master of horror flicks.
"He helped us envision our direction and our cinematics," Rooke said.
While the story holds its own fascination, what will make you want to play F.E.A.R. 3 is how the games coop works. When playing with another person, one of you will control Point Man and the other will control Fettel's ghost.
"Point Man is that classic first person shooter character, you're gonna see use of big weapons and later on we'll introduce some of the ways we've enhanced his combat abilities," Rooke said. "He has that super soldier kind of presence about him, he has that classic or hallmark first person F.E.A.R. one ability of slow-mo. That is really his hallmark ability. But one thing that we've added is his use of active cover and I feel, we feel it brings out a new dimension of close quarter combat that really made the first two F.E.A.R. games special."
Fettel, on the other hand, is a completely different sort of character.
He has a stun blast, which can temporarily stun enemies. He can also suspend enemies in the air, making it easier for Point Man to take them down. But Fettel's coolest trick by far is his ability to possess any enemies on the screen.
When Fettel takes controls of an enemy he gains all of it's strengths and weaknesses. And Fettel can end his possession with a bang, literally, causing the host body to explode in a cloud of red mist.
Being able to play as either brother through the game opens up a lot of possibilities and is certainly a much more interesting take on cooperative single-player campaigns than I'm used to.
While I watched some of the gameplay, the developers did a lot of neat things. Like taking two completely separate routes to get to the same location, allowing them to take on a horde of enemies from opposite sides of the battleground.
I also loved how Fettel could possess someone and then use them to clamber into a mech suit and march it through enemies.
I wonder how big an issue it will be that people who want to play together are going to have to decide who gets which character, but no one else seemed concerned among the gathered writers.
I guess we'll find out when the game hits this fall on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Ref: F.E.A.R. 3 is Really About Family... A Psychic, Psychotic Family

Cool!

But, it still seem to be, like most games unfortunately, focusing on MP.

While this is all well and good, some of us would prefer to immerse ourselves in a deep story lined campaign and not run around pwning noobs for an ego boost.

This could really go either way for me. Will still play it though as I loved the original story so much, I cant help but be interested.

Here are some shots taken from the site found here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Some are artwork and some are screenshots which I have say please me greatly... These pictures say more than the video's/trailers ever did!

Back