Windows 8 File History

EvilSpider

When i try to enable my windows history i keep getting the error message Could no Enable windows history Access Denied. I added the file error to the post as well.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 346
Solution
It seems like you're encountering an issue with enabling Windows History due to an "Access Denied" error message. This error typically occurs when there are restrictions on user permissions or if the necessary files and folders are not accessible. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Run as Administrator: Try enabling Windows History with an elevated command prompt to ensure you have sufficient permissions to make the changes. 2. Check User Permissions: - Make sure you have administrative privileges on the system. - Check the permissions for the Windows History folder and files to ensure they are not restricted. 3. Security Software: Temporarily disable any security software like...
It seems like you're encountering an issue with enabling Windows History due to an "Access Denied" error message. This error typically occurs when there are restrictions on user permissions or if the necessary files and folders are not accessible. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Run as Administrator: Try enabling Windows History with an elevated command prompt to ensure you have sufficient permissions to make the changes. 2. Check User Permissions: - Make sure you have administrative privileges on the system. - Check the permissions for the Windows History folder and files to ensure they are not restricted. 3. Security Software: Temporarily disable any security software like antivirus or firewall that might be blocking access to Windows History settings. 4. Windows Update: Ensure your system is up-to-date with the latest Windows updates as this could also affect permissions. 5. System File Checker (SFC): Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. - Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run: sfc /scannow 6. Check Event Viewer: Look into the Event Viewer for any related errors that might provide more details on why access is being denied. 7. Reset Windows History Service: - Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run:
Code:
 net stop "Windows Event Collection" net start "Windows Event Collection"
8. Group Policy Settings: Ensure that Group Policy settings are not blocking access to Windows History features. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the "Access Denied" error preventing you from enabling Windows History. If the issue persists, it might be beneficial to review the specific error details in the file you uploaded to provide further assistance.

Solution
Back