Windows 7 Final roadmap for windows 7

gws

FINAL ROADMAP FOR WINDOWS 7

Process Next-Step : RTM Escrow > RTM RC > Gold code > Final version > RTM-version

06.01 ~ 06.19 BUILDING RTM ESCROW
06.22 ~ 07.10 RTM RECALL
07.10 RTM FINAL BUILD TARGET (Gold)
07.13 RTM SIGN-OFF (Final)

RTM SIGN-OFF : JULY 13
OFFICIAL RTM : JULY 16-17 <--- This is what we are looking for :D
OFFICAL OEM : EARLY AUGUST
OFFICAL RETAIL : OCTOBER 22

Looks like we have to wait a few weeks for the goldmine :razz:

gws

Why is everyone so exited about the RTM??? Is the RTM going up on technet before windows 7 releases or something since im sure the final RTM will be changed to work with new product keys. So why is everyone so exited. Why not stick with the last pre-RTM Build.

Why is everyone so exited about the RTM??? Is the RTM going up on technet before windows 7 releases or something since im sure the final RTM will be changed to work with new product keys. So why is everyone so exited. Why not stick with the last pre-RTM Build.

The same question can be asked about all the leaked builds.. ;) Why is everyone so excited for every single leaked build that comes out.. ;) They offer nothing different, minor bug fixes is about all.. They really are nothing to get excited about.. The final Retail version of Windows 7 is something to be excited for.. :) The RTM will be fun to use but it's not near as exciting as the FINAL in my opinion.. (And yes, I'm fully aware that the RTM and FINAL are identical)..

But the leaked builds people can use since the RC codes work. But won't the final RTM one have the codes changed so the people exited cant use it. Thats why people used the Pre-Rtm builds sicne they work with the RC codes.

Yes the RC keys did work with the majority of the post-RC builds.. but still that's not a good enough reason to want to use leaked daily/interim builds.. ;) They aren't any different than the RC.. And if they do have any differences they are marginal one's at best.. I'm not going to start a big argument about it because it's a waste of time but I'm just saying it's pointless in my opinion to get all excited about every single leaked build that shows it's face.. :)

I know people aren't going to stop downloading them, I'm not trying to make anyone stop. I'm just sharing my view on leaked daily/interim builds.... ;)

Yes the RC keys did work with the majority of the post-RC builds.. but still that's not a good enough reason to want to use leaked daily/interim builds.. They aren't any different than the RC.. And if they do have any differences they are marginal one's at best.. I'm not going to start a big argument about it because it's a waste of time but I'm just saying it's pointless in my opinion to get all excited about every single leaked build that shows it's face.. :)

I know people aren't going to stop downloading them, I'm not trying to make anyone stop. I'm just sharing my view on leaked daily/interim builds.... ;)

I think deep down the people who do this (myself included :D) are hoping with every leaked build that some amazing new feature (a new GUI or other thing that doesn't exist) will happen to be in this build. Eh, a guy can hope, right? :p

I think deep down the people who do this (myself included :D) are hoping with every leaked build that some amazing new feature (a new GUI or other thing that doesn't exist) will happen to be in this build. Eh, a guy can hope, right? :p

Indeed a person can always hope.. ;)

Back