Windows 8 Finally

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
I think I mentioned it in a post somewhere. I have worked on mine and have all my program folders with shortcuts in there now. Nice if you like to play around by yourself instead of loading up a third party proggy!

Interesting Dave.
Could you perhaps do a snip image of that WinKey + X menu. I could use some ideas as to how to move forward with mine.
Like to see what you have accomplished thus far.
Randy

Post back later - I'm in windows 7 at the moment.

Later:

This is one example I have recently constructed. I am still hoping that MS will have a legacy menu to offer, but it is no longer a serious issued with so many third party alternatives around.
I am playing with this as a possibility for the final release. I have brought out MSOffice word as an example, but all my folders/shortcuts are tucked in "Programs" I have also deleted a few of the defaults as not required. The possibilities are infinite, if you want all the work involved ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just looked at the links, Trouble. It seems a little confusing in some areas. But there does not seem to be a mention of one essential ingredient - the hacking of an important system file.
I have attached a zip of my method. the included text file says all (for me!).

Woops. Too big as an attachment so I have put it on my host service here:

sc.zip - DivShare

but it is no longer a serious issued with so many third party alternatives around.
Agreed, with classic shell I get pretty much what I want with one third party overlay.
I have attached a zip of my method. the included text file says all (for me!).[/url]
Thanks for that Dave. I will have a look at that as well, yet another potential options.
Randy

Yet another third party tool for editing the contents of the Win + X (Super User) menu.
Unlike the one in the OP, which seems to be a bit over complicated and doesn't always seem to work that reliably, this one contains a GUI interface (no DOS Command prompt work), and requires no installation (runs from the executable) and contains both a 64 and 32 bit version. You can add additional Groups to the menu, add a new shortcut to existing or new Groups and Restore the menu to its' default settings. Best over all it just works.
WinAero: Downloads / Software / Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 8 allows you to add or remove Win+X menu items
Step by step explanation here
How to Edit the Win+X Menu in Windows 8 Using a Free Tool - How-To Geek

Back
Top Bottom