Windows 7 Fingerprint Readers & Biometric Devices

Tsen

Okay, so one thing I was psyched for in Windows 7 was better native support for biometric devices. I have a HP tx2000z laptop with an included Authentec AES1610 fingerprint scanner. I installed the latest driver from HP's website, and it's recognized by my computer. Even under Device Manager, it's listed under "Biometric Devices" as AES1610 and properties show that the driver is installed and the device is working, yet when I go to Biometric Devices in the control panel, nothing is listed.

What am I missing? Is it just because the Biometric devices in Windows 7 is still an unfinished feature?

I am using an HP TX2110US and the fingerprint reader is working just fine. But I did a Vista upgrade and not a clean install.

I've got the same issue. My Sony VGN-SR290 has a UPEK TCS4C which apparently isn't supported by UPEK's new Preview version of their Windows 7 driver. I'd like to hear if you guys find a way to get it working.

I got mine working, but only by using Authentek's Digital Persona software (that came preinstalled on Vista originally). I still can't get Windows to recognize it natively, but the driver IS functional, and I am able to use the scanner now.

reader rigged to work

i have a microsoft windows finger print reader and i installed the latest drivers from digital personas website then i went into C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin find all the EXE files in this folder and then right click choose properties. on the compatibility tab, click on change settings for all users, then on run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows Vista. these are the executables needed to be changed.

DPAgnt.exe
DPConsol.exe
DPExpImp.exe
DpFpLogonManager.exe
DpHost.exe
DPRunDll.exe
DPWinLct.exe

now it works to login but, it will not work with internet explorer im going to see if i can get it working but i need other input im only one 23 year old with one brain help me out. thanks

Action center just notified me today of a new driver from Authentec. Gave a link to the file, everything installed perfectly. I removed the Digital Persona software (but left all of the drivers alone) and now I have a perfectly working native biometric device. Hitting biometric devices in control panel shows the reader, and clicking it brings up all the enrollment options, etc. Tested it and it's working fine for Windows login.

I got mine working, but only by using Authentek's Digital Persona software (that came preinstalled on Vista originally). I still can't get Windows to recognize it natively, but the driver IS functional, and I am able to use the scanner now.

Is Authentec the manufacturer of your fingerprint reader?

Yes, the AES1610. The latest driver supports native Windows 7 biometrics though, so no more need for their Digital Persona software.

Action center just notified me today of a new driver from Authentec. Gave a link to the file, everything installed perfectly. I removed the Digital Persona software (but left all of the drivers alone) and now I have a perfectly working native biometric device. Hitting biometric devices in control panel shows the reader, and clicking it brings up all the enrollment options, etc. Tested it and it's working fine for Windows login.

Hi There, This worked perfect for me. Now I can use my fingerprint reader to log on. However, there was one more feature with DigitalPersona and that was when an another user swipes his/her finger, it switches the user and this helps a lot. Can we somehow set the same feature without DigitalPersona and just with the Authentec driver software? Also, if you can tell me how to get it remember the website passwords...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

Okay, so one thing I was psyched for in Windows 7 was better native support for biometric devices. I have a HP tx2000z laptop with an included Authentec AES1610 fingerprint scanner. I installed the latest driver from HP's website, and it's recognized by my computer. Even under Device Manager, it's listed under \"Biometric Devices\" as AES1610 and properties show that the driver is installed and the device is working, yet when I go to Biometric Devices in the control panel, nothing is listed.

What am I missing? Is it just because the Biometric devices in Windows 7 is still an unfinished feature?

Hi not sure if this is of help but a colleague of mine who has recently introduced a system called the “TimeNetoâ€Â￾ which is a web based Biometric fingerprint scannerclocking In/Out systemâ€Â￾ Link Removed - Invalid URL .
Apparently it’s so simple to install and all you need is a computer with an internet connection and it will become your In/Out clocking system.
All stored data can be printed as reports and can be sent to your payroll software
They were shocked at how cheap it was to and advanced it is check them out, good luck, Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Hi not sure if this is of help but a colleague of mine who has recently introduced a system called the “TimeNetoâ€Â￾ which is a web based Biometric fingerprint scanner clocking In/Out systemâ€Â￾ Link Removed - Invalid URL .
Apparently it’s so simple to install and all you need is a computer with an internet connection and it will become your In/Out clocking system.

All stored data can be printed as reports and can be sent to your payroll software
They were shocked at how cheap it was to and advanced it is check them out, good luck, Hope this helps..
:)

Okay, so one thing I was psyched for in Windows 7 was better native support for biometric devices. I have a HP tx2000z laptop with an included Authentec AES1610 fingerprint scanner. I installed the latest driver from HP's website, and it's recognized by my computer. Even under Device Manager, it's listed under \"Biometric Devices\" as AES1610 and properties show that the driver is installed and the device is working, yet when I go to Biometric Devices in the control panel, nothing is listed.

Hi a colleague of mine who has recently introduced a system called the “TimeNetoâ€Â￾ which is a web based Biometric fingerprint scanner clocking In/Out systemâ€Â￾ Link Removed - Invalid URL .

They were shocked at how cheap it was to and advanced it is check them out, good luck, Hope this helps..:p

Last edited:
Just received an update via wiindowsupdate and now my fingerprinter reader works under Windows 7.

USB Biometric finger print mice using 64bit OSes

Help needed here! I have recently purchased two USB mice that came with finger print readers ( An IOGear Model GMEFP1W6 Personal Security Mouse & a Fellowes Secure Touch Optical Mouse) As I explained earlier both mice came with 32bit drivers. The drivers for the IOGear are supplied by a company called SunPlus. I have been able to install this device successfully under Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32bit) so I know that the device works, however both my system are configurred to 64bit OSes. The IOGear has a fingerprint swipe while the Fellowes has a finger print scanner. The software for the Fellowes was supplied by Softex and it came with an old version of Omnipass. I believe it is has an Authentec chip. I am not sure who produces the reader chip for the IoGear but when it has installed under Vista it come up with the manufacturer being SunPlus. The driver inf file for the device is FINGER853.inf. I have done a search on the web for a 64bit driver version but have not come up with anything.

I have tried to install both devices using UPEK Protector Suite 2009 and Softex Omnipass v7. For some reason the IOGear can be installed as a UPEK Touch Chip Swipe device and can be shown under device manager in Biometrics as this device, but the UPEK software does not detect the device nor does Windows 7 Biometric setup wizard & Omnipass 7. I have not tried either device with Digital Persona software but will do this after posting this, however I suspect that this software will also not recognise the devices due to the driver issues that I am experiencing

Several questions to any one out there who might be able to assist me:

1) Has anyone been able to install either of these products under a 64bit OS setup and if so how did they do this? Where did they find the drivers or what other drivers did they use to set up the devices?
2) Does anyone know if there are other USB Biometric mice that are fully compatible with Vista and Widows 7 and have 64bit versions of their drivers, software or are able to be recognised by 3rd party software such as Softex Omnipass v7, DigitalPersona or UPEK Protective Suite 2009?

Unfortunately my laptop did not come with a biometric solution intergrated into the hardware so I am having to use a USB solution to resolve the problem. It is now becoming more difficult to memorise all the passwords that I use online and I desparately need this solved. Both manufacturers indicate that 64bit drivers will not be available in the near future and I have been unable to locate a website for SunPlus who supplied the driver for one of the devices

Thanks. Any help advice or experiences from other users would be greatly appreciated

Mike:confused:

Fingerprint Readers

Have U are U fingerprint reader (series 4000) and Windows 7. Talked to Digital Persona staff and they checked and got back to me. Have just downloaded and installed from Digital Persona 4.11.3825 drivers. Fingerprint Reader installs correctly in Windows 7 and functions perfectly without modifying any settings. It shows up in Device Manager properly and also in printers, etc. It does not show up and Biometric Devices in Control Panel but this does not appear to hinder the performance in any way. Perfectly easy install. Hope this helps.

Have you check this site for UPEK?

h**p://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/windows-7/treiber/1033-fingerprint

Back
Top Bottom