Windows 7 Firefox Issues

wjl

Hey, I'm new to the forums and I guess this will be my initial post. I've running Windows 7 for a while now and I've been having a problem running Firefox. I don't know what is it but everytime I try to restart Firefox after installing a new gadget, it briefly shows up for a split-second and then it disappears completely. Then, when I try to restart it, it gives me the "Firefox is still running but is not responding" error message.

Any info on why it does that?

Thanks in advance.

-wjl.

^^tis issue happened to me way back wen in XP, tis is the reason I switched over to Opera. Strange it is still happening.

What error? please explain in more detail.
Sorry to take so long to answer. It's been really hard to access the site.

Anyway, There is a link to a webpage about the error on my previous post. That explains it all.

Try Google Chrome. Barebones joy. Takes a bit getting used to the lack of stuff. If you heard something about a lack of automatic sorting of bookmarks, that's fixed now. Try it. Become one with us.

/I ordinarily kinda dislike Google, but love the browser.

Hi
I'm running Firefox 3.5 Win 7 RC1 Bld 7100 and no problems, all the add-ons I've tried have installed no problem.
I even have Moz back-up running properly and was able to restore my settings from XP 64Bit.

Firefox 3.5.1

I'm running Windows 7 Build 7600, installed firefox and it freezes on me still using IE8 with no problems. :(

Actually the last time the issue happened to me was probably 2 or 3 years ago. Version 3.5 has been a jewel so far. Also they found a potential Java exploit last Monday and gave us a new fixed version on Friday. I'm running Version 3.5.1 now.

When they come up with something like "AdBlock" and "NoScript" for Chrome or Opera I might consider trying them. Til then I'll stick with Firefox.

Actually the last time the issue happened to me was probably 2 or 3 years ago. Version 3.5 has been a jewel so far. Also they found a potential Java exploit last Monday and gave us a new fixed version on Friday. I'm running Version 3.5.1 now.

When they come up with something like "AdBlock" and "NoScript" for Chrome or Opera I might consider trying them. Til then I'll stick with Firefox.

Adblock/Flashblock already exist for Chrome. Much better I find to use something like BFilter and banish ads across the board. That way it doesn't matter which browser you use, the ads just don't make it through.

Known issues

:redface: From what I 've read in the Mozilla forums (and my own issues with it) is that you should probably drop back to version 3.2 or earlier, as their seems to be some ongoing issues under IE7 so far.

Not to worry, if you unistall Firefox and reinstall the previous version the exact same directory, it picks up all your old settings, add-ins and bookmarks. But you can always backup your bookmarks using the Firefox backup tool.

Back