Windows Vista First build

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Since I had a catastrophic system failure, this is going to be my first build, sort of. My psu or mobo died. Did some trouble shooting and some phone calls to HP and found out that psu is OK but mobo is deceased. I turned on my PC and checked some emails for about 15 minutes and loged off then fixed me and my son some breakfast and went back to PC. Every thing was off, I thought, monitors where on but in stand by mode, moved mouse and nothing. Looked down at power button on PC and it was out (blue led). I panicked and started to freak out. So needless to say, for me buying off the shelf PC's is not for me any more because you just can't work on them. I will build from now on. So my first build is going to be quite simple. Just get a new case, mobo and CPU and move all my old parts to new case. The CPU is going to be exactly like the one I have now which is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. This will ensure my old parts work. This will give me some experience with a build so when I do go all out I'll know what I'm in for. That's the plan anyway. So here is a list of my new parts and one upgrade part...ie video card. My old vid card is a BFG 8400 gs 512mb ddr2. So that will be a nice upgrade for me for now. I will go bigger and badder on a real build but for now this will get me up and running. Sucks having to use this old Dell 2400 desktop w/xp home and 1g ram that the kids use. Now I'm just like the rest of my kids asking and waiting to use this family pc. So for less than $300, not too shabby.

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case - Clear Side, Front USB, FireWire and Audio Ports
$59.99

Asus M4N78 PRO Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor Bundle
$159.99

EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support $69.99

Back
Top Bottom