Flash Player Update

Re: Flash Player 10

Lets see now I've got:

Adobe Flash Player Active X 10

Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5

Adobe Reader 9.1.3

Adobe Air

(What do I need the Plug In For ?)

Adobe has released Version 10.1.53.64 of the Flash Player plugin for browsers. This is a major update which contains performance and video improvements, multi-touch enhancements and adherence to browser privacy mode settings.

Thanks a bunch Kemical! Upgrading now...

EDIT -

Installed and all I can say is awesome! My machine plays 1080p no problem in PowerDVD and MCE but never would in Flash.

I read something previously on Adobe's site that my HD 3850 AGP card wasn't supported by the plugin at that resolution - Obviously, that's why it wasn't working well - a software issue.

Now after upgrading, 1080p in Flash is smooth as can be. Thanks again for the post.

Last edited:
Adobe has also released a Link Removed - Invalid URL version which contains enhanced support for IE9.

Download: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Adobe have released Flash player 10.2 with many new features and updates.

Stage Video hardware acceleration New (in Flash Player 10.2)

Leverage complete hardware acceleration of the video rendering pipeline with this new method for video playback. Dramatically decrease processor usage and enable higher frame rates, reduced memory usage, and greater pixel fidelity for best-in-class high-definition (HD) playback performance.
Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support New (in Flash Player 10.2, desktop only)

Take advantage of hardware accelerated graphics in Internet Explorer 9 with Flash Player, utilizing hardware rendering surfaces to improve graphics performance and enable seamless composition.
Native custom mouse cursors New (in Flash Player 10.2)

Define custom native mouse cursors to enable user experience enhancements and improved performance.
Support for full screen mode with multiple monitors New (in Flash Player 10.2, desktop only)

Keep content in full-screen mode on multiple monitors, allowing you to see full-screen content while working on another display.
Sub-pixel text rendering Enhanced (in Flash Player 10.2)

Experience improved readability of text in Flash Player, especially for complex character-based languages.
Fast switch Enhanced

Show exceptional video with streams that automatically adjust to changing network conditions. Leverage new quality-of-service metrics to provide a better streaming experience. Flash Player is enhanced to improve switching times between bitrates.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/stagevideo.html

The full release notes can be found here: rich Internet applications | Adobe Flash Player features

Download: Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player

Last edited:
Adobe has released an update to Flash Player to close a zero day vulnerability. The "univeral" cross-site scripting flaw could, said Adobe, be used to take actions on a user's behalf on any web site or web mail provider once the user had visited a malicious site. The flaw is reportedly already being exploited in "active targeted attacks" with malicious links being delivered by email.

Adobe does not give any more details of the flaw, but it affects version 10.3.181.16 and earlier versions of Flash Player for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris and 10.3.185.22 and earlier versions on Android. Adobe recommends that users update to the latest versions of the player, specifically 10.3.181.22 for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris, 10.3.181.23 for ActiveX. Users who are unsure what version of Flash they have installed should refer to this page. The latest versions of Flash Player are also available on get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Google has also released an update which incorporates the fixes to the Flash player. These updates for the stable version of Chrome brings it up to version 11.0.696.77. The update should download automatically and be installed when the browser is next restarted. Otherwise, users can force the update by selecting "About Google Chrome" under the "Wrench" icon and selecting "Update Now". Google has also updated the beta and dev versions of the browser.

There is currently no update available in the Android Market for the Android version of Flash Player. Adobe is also investigating whether Acrobat Reader and its embedded Flash Player are vulnerable.

Source: Flash Player update closes zero-day - The H Security: News and Features

Back