Windows 7 Flash Player

Hi Jeremy

I feel like I have too. I never leave out the fact that what I am doing might not be correct, I mean no one is perfect. :) But when you do so many things and are careful when you do them, to eliminate any errors, it is just frustrating. And knowing people like yourself that says it is working just fine, makes it more frustrating. :) Have you gone to the movie site called IMDB and clicked on one of the movie previews.? I use this site a lot cause I am a movie nut, and I like to see the previews of the up coming movies. The previews work just great on my XP computer, had a problem getting the flash to work some time ago but that was fault of the IMDB site.

Thanx....Gunny

Adobe Flashplayer not working

Hi

I went to the IMDb site and was able to play movie trailers with no problem. It may be a conflict with other software on your Win 7 (games, DVD players, etc.). Also it could be related to certain services that are not started. Open up the task manager (CTRL/ALT/DEL) and look at the services tab and start any service that is stopped that may be related to 'video'. As well Flashplayer writes to a directory under 'C:\User\username\appdata\roaming\adobe' or 'C:\User\username\appdata\roaming\macromedia'. unlikely but there may be something wrong with these structures.

Other than that no idea.

Hi Jeremy

Ya I figured it would work ok for you. I did the control/alt/delete thing went into services, did not see any thing that said Adobe/macro media, etc. I clicked on several of them just to see what would happen and they all said I was not allowed to change them.

Thanx....Gunny

is there any resolution to the error 1721 as of yet? With a little hunting i found that in Vista its fixed by opening an elevated command prompt to run the installer ie: msiexec.exe i am unfamiliar with this procedure or if this will work in W7. Its seems as though its a permissions error in in vista. Does anyone have any input on this?

Hi jdawg

I don't use Vista so this problem don't enter my problem trying to get this to work. I have tried to do the install of the flash using the Vista version with no success. I sort of wish there was some sort of error that came up, but I don't get anything like that.

Thanx....Gunny

Hi All

Ya know the more I look into this Adobe thing the more I am getting upset about the simple thing as installing it, and why do you need a special thing to uninstall it, I mean really what big deal is this thing Adobe has.? Is there any other program out there that will let you do the things Adobe lets you do.? They cannot be the only game in town. Is Adobe flash that big a deal really.?

if Adobe is really that needed, and supposedly such a good thing, why is it such a big deal to get to work. I mean I have installed and used a ton of programs, some worked out some did not. And there has been a few that was buggers to get rid of. So if so many sites depend on it in order to things to work right, why make you jump through hoops to use it. can we blame Win 7 or Adobe.?

Thanx....Gunny

I have the same problem so it is not just you

While I offer no solution, I do have the same problem and it sounds like I have gone through the same steps as you. I hope this makes you feel slightly better and if I ever find a solution I will make sure to post it to you!

Adobe flash

Hi Mattharms

I will do the same, and post it right here. I am working on a suggestion I received from another forum. Sounds logical, but so many of them do and they still don't work. ha ha ha Have you tried the Compatibility and Administrator routes.?

Thanx....Gunny

try firefox

Gunny, I just downloaded firefox and then installed the flashplayer for it on my windows 7 machine and it works fine. I don't know how you feel about using firefox, but it imported all my favorites and cookies, etc from IE. That has solved my problem as I don't plan on using IE unless I have to!

Hi mattharms

Ya I did the same thing a few days ago, (forgot to mention that) but it is just the principal of the thing now, you know what I mean. :) I am not it love with IE but I just want to figure out what is keeping it from working, so I know who or what to blame. Firefox is ok. I have another computer with XP on it and I have it working there too. And there are just too many people that are saying it works for them and Win 7, so why not me.? You know what I mean. :)

Thanx...Gunny

Ive been useing firefox and have been unable to install flash. Can you provide a direct link to the download. the previous one would error upon install.

Jdawg... The way I installed it was I went to this IMDB site, after I installed Fire Fox, it is a movies preview site, and I clicked to preview a movie and Firefox opened a box saying I need Adobe Flash to see this so I clicked on it for them to install it, (Adobe Flash) and it was done. Adobe 10 is the latest. You can always go to the Adobe site, to get it. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be more help.

Thanx...Gunny

Back