Windows 7 Folder icon is low resolution now

superivaj

Ok this is my problem:
My computer has change all the folder icons (the standard ones) into a low resolution version of the same icon :confused:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
The folders open or selected change the icon to the high resolution but then they got back to the low res again after deselect them :mad:.
The problem is the same using Windows Explorer except when I make the icons bigger, then they become high res again (is like only small icons have low color resolution)

The only different thing I did was play Diablo2 with 256 colors but the icons are like that even restarting the computer.

Any idea of how can I fix it???
I think they are the same icon but the low color version but I don't know why windows don't restore them.

Thanks

I know I'm reviving a long-dead thread, but I'm having exactly the same problem as OP! I even noticed it after Diablo 2 as well. Nowhere else in the whole Internet have I found a word about this problem but here. Maybe in 6 years somebody have found a solution? maybe you, @superivaj have found it (though I doubt you'll even know I posted here...). I know there're small chances but every hope counts. Can anybody solve this problem?

Here is fragment of screenshot with these weird folder icons:

3ec350dad3.png

Back