Windows 8 Folder issue

kryptonic

uploadfromtaptalk1463373251017.jpg

For some reason my songs are out of order. I tried to rename them but it won't let me. Trying to get it organized like all my other folders. Any ideas??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It should be a folder permission issue. You might need to take ownership & grant full access permission to your currently logged on user. If you don't know how to do, you can use the freeware TakeOwnershipPro.

It should be a folder permission issue. You might need to take ownership & grant full access permission to your currently logged on user. If you don't know how to do, you can use the freeware TakeOwnershipPro.
Thank you for the reply. I have Full control access to all folders, sub folders and files. This whole thing happened when I went to copy a song to another folder. Haven't been able to fix it unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For one thing, they are in the correct order according to Windows convention. If you want them named alphabetically remove the ##-artist- part and they should order correctly as far as your thinking. If you can't rename them, then possibly you have them open in an application such as media player or they are being indexed.

Ok try again copying them to another folder but on another drive if you have one, and then re-assoiciate them with a different file format. See if by doing that you can then rename them.

Back