Folding@Home

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
So does anyone on the site use Folding@Home? In case you do not know, Folding@Home is a way to use your extra CPU/GPU cycles to help solve protein folding to cure diseases. Now that the human genome has been mapped, scientists are trying to figure out how and why proteins fold - and misfold, in order to cure diseases. This software runs on your computer in the background. If you are like me and leave your computer on 24/7, it may be worthwhile to check it out.

If enough people use it or are interested, we could create a Windows7Forums group.

For more info on Folding@Home, please see:

Folding@home - Main

I usually run SETI but I guess I could swap over to folding.. I'd be interested in the group certainly..

It's a pretty good stability test too.. If your machine can run SETI without crashing then you know you've got a stable system, it's almost as good as Prime95 for that.

I'm a little unclear on how we would operate as a group though or is it the case that we set up an account and all use the same passwords ect when sending results in?

You create an acct. first and then we would eventually add a group.

Are you running it all the time or just when your screensaver kicks in?

Not sure man as I haven't looked at it yet.. If it's anything like SETI then the settings are somewhere.. Check on the website as they should have an FAQ or something..

Back