Windows 7 Force Resolution?

parrish

Hello
I am trying for set my resolution in Window 7 Premium over to 1680x1050. When I attempt to do this, in Nvidia control panel, it sets it over to 1600x1024.

I was able to set my resolution to 1680x1050 in Window XP and in Window 7 Professional, but I am not able to with Home Premium.

All my drivers have been deleted and reinstalled using the latest version.
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.

Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop and choosing 'Screen Resolution'?

Yes, that was the first thing I tried and the selection for 1680x1050 was not there. This is why I decided to go into the Nvidia control panel.

Sorry parrish our enforced holiday meant your post was missed.. Have you checked if your monitor needs any drivers ect? Sometimes running Windows update will produce results..

I ran the windows install for the drivers, and it claims they are up to date. The drivers are rather old, 2006, but it claims they are up to date.

I'm just confused as to how I was able to get my desired resolution in Window XP and 7 Professional without an issue, but Premium is giving me all sorts of grief.

I ran the windows install for the drivers, and it claims they are up to date. The drivers are rather old, 2006, but it claims they are up to date.

I'm just confused as to how I was able to get my desired resolution in Window XP and 7 Professional without an issue, but Premium is giving me all sorts of grief.
Therein could lie your problem.. Windows update doesn't always supply the best driver. For the most part it does but it certainly shouldn't be trusted absolutely.. Try the latest release remembering to un-install the old driver first.

I have tried to do that, however the drivers needed for my monitor are kind of screwy. I have an Envision monitor and their driver pack doesn't provide the driver for a "H22W" monitor.

Back