Windows 7 Formatting frustration

ToshibaQosmio

Okay let me start off by explaining that i'm not the brightest when it comes to computers.

I was a big fan of windows xp because when a virus that was unremovable i was easily able to format my computer and restore it with my recovery disks.

When i bought this computer it didn't come with any recovery disks so i made some on the first day from my "TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator-v2.1.0.4 for x64"

I dont have windows 7 disks because it came installed on my computer...

Theres a bunch or partition talk online that i dont understand...... I just want to format and put my disks in and get everything back to the day i bought it like it should be.... that simple... obviously its not and im about to break my laptop in half

Can anyone help a frustrated idiot like me? i just want my new computer again:mad:

Hi,
you can download the recovery disks for windows 7 here:

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

Please post back if further help is needed..

Having reread your post I should mention that if your looking to reformat and then re-install win 7 then the above disks won't do.. You'll need to purchase a copy of win 7 to do that..

Last edited:
When i bought this computer it didn't come with any recovery disks so i made some on the first day from my "TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator-v2.1.0.4 for x64"
For starters - well done! I reckon 90% of all users fail to do this - leading to loss of much hair when their system needs a full reinstall. You should be able to recover your Toshiba completely back to the state in which you bought it by booting from the recovery system You should have this both on your hard drive and on the disks you have burned. The disks you burned are mainly for recovery from a need to replace the hard drive. As you are not in this position you can use the easier and faster method of booting the recovery system directly from your hard drive:

1. Restart the computer.

2. Repeatedly tap the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Option Screen.

3. Select Repair Your Computer and hit Enter.

4. Select your country >> OK.

5. On the System Recovery Options Screen select Restore Application.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

8. When prompted, select on "Full Factory Recovery"

9. Select Next and click on Yes.

10. The recovery will take 10 minutes or so.

Do remember that this process will delete all user data, personal settings, configuration etc from your system.

Last edited:
Thanks to both Kemical and Patcooke for you speedy replys!

I ended up using Patcooke's method for restoring because it was more suited to what i wanted to do, however you both helped me out so thankyou dearly!

Computer works great XD

Back
Top Bottom