Forum game.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Does anyone fancy playing a word game? The rules are quite simple.. The first player starts off the story with A with the second poster has to add to the story starting with B and then the next with C and so on.. The story can be about anything, just let your imagination run riot!
I'll start the game off and then if anyone wants to add to it then they start with the letter B.

As the sun started to set I held my head in my hands and knew the world would never be the same again.....

As the sun started to set I held my head in my hands and knew the world would never be the same again.....
... but suddenly I realized that things were not so bad and there was still a [chance]...

Devastating firepower of the strange space vessel which had now moved on to another large city. Where did it come from? Who were the race of beings inside controlling it and why were they now destroying everything dear to mankind.

Devastating firepower of the strange space vessel which had now moved on to another large city. Where did it come from? Who were the race of beings inside controlling it and why were they now destroying everything dear to mankind.

Enraged that someone would attack us we dispatched the USS Enterpirse Capt. Kirk at the helm to find out where this alien spacecraft came from.

Frantically fighting the backwash from the destruction of the cities Kirks ship slowed to half impulse. Science officer Spock scanned the warp signature of the alien ship hoping to find some clue as to it's identity..

Going on a hunch spock believed it to be a cloaked Klingon bird of prey.

'Illogical' thought Spock. Why would the Klingons be wanting Earths sun to go nova? Not to mention the attack on earths cities.. The Federation and the Empire had been at peace for years and indeed wasn't T Kirk set to marry one of the high chancellors daughters?

Kemical said:
'Illogical' thought Spock. Why would the Klingons be wanting Earths sun to go nova? Not to mention the attack on earths cities.. The Federation and the Empire had been at peace for years and indeed wasn't T Kirk set to marry one of the high chancellors daughters?

Jokes apart. A red giant is a luminous giant star of low or intermediate mass (roughly 0.5–10 solar masses) in a late phase of stellar evolution. The outer atmosphere is inflated and tenuous, making the radius immense and the surface temperature very low.

Now the sun is several billion years old, which makes it very close to the Red Giant phase!

728px-Solar_Life_Cycle.svg.png

Solar_Life_Cycle.svg

Kicking a martian pebble out of his way the last human in the solar system checked his instruments. Since man had left this part of the Galaxy he'd been sent back to see the end of the sun that had started it all for mankind. Mars was as close as he could get to the huge red giant and even that was uncomfortable.

Kicking a martian pebble out of his way the last human in the solar system checked his instruments. Since man had left this part of the Galaxy he'd been sent back to see the end of the sun that had started it all for mankind. Mars was as close as he could get to the huge red giant and even that was uncomfortable.

:razz: Well said: "... the last human in the solar system checked his instruments."

Ok,

Low temperature of a red giant is produced this simple way: as a star uses up its hydrogen by converting it to helium, its central core contracts while the outer layers expand and cool; this process produces the low temperature and large size (from 10 to 1,500 times that of the sun) that characterize the red giant.

Which hopefully will not happen soon in my galaxy, Spock thought and made sure the engine was at full thrust, checked his instruments one last time and placed the back of his helmet firmly against the headrest.

Low temperature of a red giant is produced this simple way: as a star uses up its hydrogen by converting it to helium, its central core contracts while the outer layers expand and cool; this process produces the low temperature and large size (from 10 to 1,500 times that of the sun) that characterize the red giant.

Which hopefully will not happen soon in my galaxy, Spock thought and made sure the engine was at full thrust, checked his instruments one last time and placed the back of his helmet firmly against the headrest.

Moving ever faster the space vessel streaked across the light year gaining ever more momentum.

OK!!!! said Spock-- as he watched the Earths Red Sun Revert back to it's previous state after using an internal nuclear fusion bomb in the Sun's Core. Which had a rejuvenating effect on the Sun. Well done, said "Scotty" congratulating Spock on his miraculous mathematical achievement....

'Perfect'! thought James T. Kirk, as he settled back into his command chair. All we have to do now is deal with the Klingon Warbird and then head for a starbase. 'Mr Spock, onscreen with a tactical display of us and the Warbird'.
'Aye, aye Captain' was Spocks reply and soon the bridge was bathed in the light from the viewscreen.

Quailing before such miraculous scene of the bridge bathed in the light from the viewscreen, Spock checked coordinates for the next nearby galaxy and, having fully converted RA and declination to coordinates on the unit sphere, ordered to buckle up.

Blast!

Resounding Blast jolted the "Enterprise" as a "Romulan" vessel approached the left star port side.

"So you think you can dance ?!" thought the Romulan as he was trying to keep the right course to the nearest planet in the galaxy.

space-station-iss.jpg

Back
Top Bottom