forum read

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
How do you mark the forum read? How do you make the forum unread?

I clicked on the forum as "read" and now when I click on "new post" it's just a blank page that says there are no new posts at this time. When clearly, when searching through all the topic forums there are new posts being added.

I've ctrl F5 and didn't work, I've logged out and logged back in...didn't work. I've cleared the cookies...didn't work. So now what.

There were no new posts at the time you wrote this 28 minutes ago. You literally marked every post on the entire website as read. You can try to mark everything unread by double clicking on each forum icon on the forumhome screen. You can still try to fetch the latest threads that have been posted with Activity Feed and Live Updates under What's New.

Yep... it looks like once you've read the posts the system has no way to unread them for you. You can always use http://windows8forums.com/search.php?do=getdaily (Last 24 hours) as suggested... but as new posts are made this will repopulate itself. The icons on the forum that have turned white will turn blue again when new posts are made.

Personally, I think the link to mark the forum read should be removed. The only thing one should be able to mark as read is just that thread one is looking at...not the entire forum. Which I find marking the forum as read is little misleading.

I am not opposed to the "mark forums read" item. It is a feature on many sites. I do it as an automatic pass, when I leave the forum. I come back a couple or more times a day, so, if I feel I wanted to add to a thread that I had seen, I just click the todays posts and scan down for it.

I am not opposed to the "mark forums read" item. It is a feature on many sites. I do it as an automatic pass, when I leave the forum. I come back a couple or more times a day, so, if I feel I wanted to add to a thread that I had seen, I just click the todays posts and scan down for it.

Thanks for the tip...well do that. I should have never messed with it in the first place...my own damn fault.

Back