Framework error

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Eilerdor, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Eilerdor

Eilerdor New Member

hi,

i was running Win Xp
    couse i didnt want to reinstall a game (Lord of the rings online) i moved it from program files to another hard drive
    then i installed windows 7
    but now when i want to launch it, an error shows up
    [​IMG]

i already enabled framework in the windows features options
    [​IMG]

but, when i launched Left4Dead last night (this was installed on another hard drive), it worked, same as Silent hill homecoming, and doesnt these games also need framework to run?
    i also tried to reinstall framework , doesnt work gives an error of that i need to enable it in the features, wich i did
    (tried installing just the framework, i could downloaded it with SDK, but that was a little to big, 1Gig, and here we have downloadlimits and absurd high prices for internet, Belgium FTW!:mad:)
    anything i forgot maybe? or someone that knows how to reinstall it? if so in what order, can i remove the framework and install 3.5 directly or do i first have to install an older version and work up?

2. Eilerdor

Eilerdor New Member

owk...
    i downloaded framework 1.1, i thought what the hell, what else could go wrong
    amazed by seeing it being installed, and succesfully completed, i runned Lotro again, and now it suddenly work :eek:
    but i think then its now running on 1.1, so downloaded 2.0, but then a message appeared, saying 2.0 is already part of the operating system
    is there a way to check on which version it runs?

edit:
    [​IMG]
    found this tool to check, so 3.5 must be working i guess?
    or could it be that it just says 3.5 is "enabled" but that it works on 1.1 instead?

#2 Eilerdor, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009