Free Commander

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Free Commander is my file manager of choice...at least it has been for a number of years now. However, since the last install of the OS it has become useless, because it freezes every time that I try to use it and has to be forced to close with the Task Manager.

I'm using the latest version, and I have nothing installed that I didn't have installed before the problems began. I have reinstalled it without any improvement. I have run SFC /scannow, which find no problems with the OS.

I know that I can use W. Explorer (shudder!), or probably some other file manager, but when it works this is the best one for my preferences. Before I finally give up, I wanted to see if anyone might have some idea of how to salvage the situation?

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Maybe I was getting it before, and since it appears below the box that opens to force the shutdown of FreeCommander, I just didn't see it. Anyway, here is the error dialog that it is presenting just before being shutdown with the Task Manager:

FC Error.png

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Yes, but if you will notice, the last stable version is date 2009, which is the year W7 was first released, it seems normal that W7 wouldn't be listed. I don't believe that it means that it is incompatible with W7, especially since I have been using it without any problems with W7 until now. I think that something outside of the program itself is wrong, but have no idea of what?

In any case, I have installed the FreeCommander XE preview, and will see if it works any better.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.