Windows 7 Free Commander

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Free Commander is my file manager of choice...at least it has been for a number of years now. However, since the last install of the OS it has become useless, because it freezes every time that I try to use it and has to be forced to close with the Task Manager.

I'm using the latest version, and I have nothing installed that I didn't have installed before the problems began. I have reinstalled it without any improvement. I have run SFC /scannow, which find no problems with the OS.

I know that I can use W. Explorer (shudder!), or probably some other file manager, but when it works this is the best one for my preferences. Before I finally give up, I wanted to see if anyone might have some idea of how to salvage the situation?

Maybe I was getting it before, and since it appears below the box that opens to force the shutdown of FreeCommander, I just didn't see it. Anyway, here is the error dialog that it is presenting just before being shutdown with the Task Manager:

FC Error.png

Yes, but if you will notice, the last stable version is date 2009, which is the year W7 was first released, it seems normal that W7 wouldn't be listed. I don't believe that it means that it is incompatible with W7, especially since I have been using it without any problems with W7 until now. I think that something outside of the program itself is wrong, but have no idea of what?

In any case, I have installed the FreeCommander XE preview, and will see if it works any better.

Back