Windows 10 Free?

EJOE

I heard that windows 10 is free for one year then you have to pay is this true. or is the case you get to keep it forever for free. what i mean by free forever is that you get to keep the last update of windows 10 and keep it for 4 years until outdated. or is it really free

Thanks
EJOE

It will be free if you upgrade within this yr. After that you will have to pay for it. So depends if u want it now in the yr period or wait couple yrs.

That is not correct senthiele. You have one year to register for the free upgrade. You will get the same SKU Home -> Home, Pro -> Pro. After the one year period and you did register and upgrade you still maintain the free copy of Windows 10 provided you hang on to your product key. After the one year period if you did not register for the free upgrade you will need to purchase a license. $119 for Windows 10 Home or $199 for Windows 10 Pro.

what if i get it now how long will i have it for ? one year or will it work until outdated (if its the outdated option how long is outdated?)

If you register then you have the one year period to upgrade. The only way to get your upgrade key is to upgrade and use a keyfinder like magic jellybean. Although I've heard some people have received their key in an email. I haven't personally seen an email as such. If in fact you do get it via email then you can upgrade at any future time.

If you register then you have the one year period to upgrade. The only way to get your upgrade key is to upgrade and use a keyfinder like magic jellybean. Although I've heard some people have received their key in an email. I haven't personally seen an email as such. If in fact you do get it via email then you can upgrade at any future time.

OK well, the upgrade is on the insiders website correct? and once i get the upgrade what happens do i have to pay anything? And what is magic jellybean how do i use it?

and another question is this a legit site to download upgrade? Windows 10 and when do i try to get my windows 10 key from magic jelly bean? after or before the process? @Neemobeer

Last edited:
The upgrade should come through Windows Update, do the update then get the key with jellybean.

If you encounter a problem or have additional questions, feel free to ask them on the forum. I do not use skype. A typical basement nerd + a possible drinking habit. Lol

lol, so how long is windwos 10 free? Like i get i have to get it within the year but after i get it then what?

Downloading it now can i have full indepth instructions for the magical jellybean? or is it easier than i think?

Back