Windows 7 Freezing after login (normal boot), not freezing after login (safe mode)

timeimp

Hello everyone,
This is my first post so please excuse any 'noob' questions. I recently downloaded Windows 7 Build 7000 and installed it to a partition on my laptop's hdd (dual booting WinXP SP3). Everything was going fine (for about 3 days) - and so i decided to setup Windows Media Centre with my Xbox 360. It was successful and then i rebooted after it worked and thats when the freezing began. I'm not sure if its drivers or not as this is my second install of windows 7 on the same partition.

The reason for re-installing was due to downloading Windows Live Essentials Wave 3 (messenger 9 beta etc...) and messenger started to open but then froze the computer.

(This post refers to my second install)

Any help will be welcome as I really want to use Windows 7 as my primary OS.

James

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
This is my first post so please excuse any 'noob' questions. I recently downloaded Windows 7 Build 7000 and installed it to a partition on my laptop's hdd (dual booting WinXP SP3). Everything was going fine (for about 3 days) - and so i decided to setup Windows Media Centre with my Xbox 360. It was successful and then i rebooted after it worked and thats when the freezing began. I'm not sure if its drivers or not as this is my second install of windows 7 on the same partition.

The reason for re-installing was due to downloading Windows Live Essentials Wave 3 (messenger 9 beta etc...) and messenger started to open but then froze the computer.

(This post refers to my second install)

Any help will be welcome as I really want to use Windows 7 as my primary OS.

James

Although Windows 7 Beta is stable enough to use as your primary OS, it's always a risk using a BETA version of an OS as your main Operating System... ;) I'm sure with the success of Windows 7 already Microsoft won't be long putting this one out in stores.. :)

Back