Windows 7 Freezing and blank / strips on screen.

Ethersin

Hello all.

I have just installed Windows 7 for the third time. And each time I have had the same problem. It runs along fine then suddenly I'll get a blank white screen and the system seem's to have frozen. It can also be blue and white stripes or white with grey lines.

Is this a known bug and what is the cause of it?

My computer meet's minimum specifications.

The first time I installed it and got the problem I thought it could of been because it was a funny install. It made a Windows.old and I thought this might be messing with it. The second time I installed it I upgraded over the previous install, Just to make sure nothing was missing. This third install I have done on a separate partition. So that it shouldn't matter what is on the others.

But I still get the same problem.. Is this possibly an error in the install file I got? I did have a problem at the end of the download and had to re-open the download page. Problem?

Thank's Rich.

-----Edit-------

Okay I just restarted after the white screen, and now it's in a windows 98 look-a-like skin. And I cannot access anything.

Explorer.EXE
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

That was clicking on 'Computer' in the start menu.

Thank's Rich.

Last edited:
Anyone even had this problem? Is there any solution at all?

I've re-downloaded it but i'm still having the same problem.

Might be a driver issue. What version of Win 7 x64, x86? System specs? Graphics card?

The Windows.old file is created when you do an upgrade from vista.

Last edited:
Well it seem's to be fixed.. I had the 32bit installed. I've downloaded and installed the 64bit version. No problems at all today.

I'm running on on-board graphics card.. i thought this might have been a problem but it is a 128mb card.

It's a 64bit processor but I'm running 32bit XP on it.

Well The problem seems solved for now. Thank's for the reply. Maybe someone else will get this problem (I hope not) but this may be useful or not to them,

Rich

Well it seem's to be fixed.. I had the 32bit installed. I've downloaded and installed the 64bit version. No problems at all today.

I'm running on on-board graphics card.. i thought this might have been a problem but it is a 128mb card.

It's a 64bit processor but I'm running 32bit XP on it.

Well The problem seems solved for now. Thank's for the reply. Maybe someone else will get this problem (I hope not) but this may be useful or not to them,

Rich

It's almost certainly going to be a hardware and drivers issue , please can you post your systems spec ?

Back
Top Bottom