Windows 7 freezing camera

bodlan

In just this last week I keep getting the following warnings when trying to connect to an Edimax camera.

DISPLAY HARDWARE IS NOT CAPABLE OF BLIT OPERATIONS

CAN'T INITIALIZE DIRECT X

CAN YOU HELP?

What is the make and model of camera? How long have you had the camera? Have you tried installing the latest drivers for camera? Check your system for any Virus's, malware, spyware, adware as these can corrupt software and the registry.

The camera is an Edimax EC-1510 I think! I should explain that this not my camera but is located in the living room of my aged old Mum. We use it to watch over her in case she takes a fall on her zimmer frame.So I just log on to the camera via its IP address which had been OK up until now. No camera software on my computer.I have AVG virus checker which I have run and all is OK in that respect.The rest of my brothers can log on to this camera no problem so the fault is with me. I'm the only one using W7 though interestingly!

It is a Compaq Presario cq61-360A.

Dont know what video card is fitted. I have not worked out yet how find it with W7. It used to be so easy before W7.
I cant find anything with this new interface.

I did try downloading the latest version of Direct X but it said I already had it!

If you get gpu-z it will tell you what video card you've got. You could goto device manager and look under Display. Hope this helps

it seems I have a.......................

Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family.

that was in Device Manager/Display Adaptor.

Back